- DIY in France. Perks, Richard // European Retail Digest;Winter2004, Issue 44, p45
Offers a look at do-it-yourself (DIY) retailers in France. Concept of DIY warehouse style store; Problem in estimating the size of the DIY market; Need for DIY retailers to shift their product offer towards home enhancement and decoration.
- How to write a how-to: 6 tips to help you break into a magazine and book market popular with both readers and editors. Bouziden, Deborah // Writer;Apr2008, Vol. 121 Issue 4, p30
This article presents advice to authors on how to writer an instructional book. The article advices that authors looking to break into this field make a list of the things that they do or can do. It is also suggested that authors never underestimate their ideas, that they study the market they...
- Engine light is opportunity for all. Silvey, Larry // Aftermarket Business;Dec2003, Vol. 113 Issue 12, p4
Assesses the importance of do-it-yourself (DIY) car care project in the U.S. Growth in the DIY sector in the market; Advantages of DIY; Criticism on the sector.
- An Olympian effort. Oliphant, Jane // DIY Week;7/27/2012, p6
The author states the challenges facing the do-it-yourself (DIY) retailers in Great Britain throughout the period of the 2012 Olympic Games in London, England from July 22 to early September.
- Why every red-blooded consumer owns a truck, and a five-pound jar of peanut butter, and a personal computer, and a tool belt, and a case of energy-saving light bulbs, and why it all matters on a nearly cosmic scale. Henkoff, Ronald; Barlyn, Suzanne // Fortune;5/29/1995, Vol. 131 Issue 10, p86
Explores the do-it-yourself, independent consumerism trend in the United States. The growth of large do-it-yourself warehouse stores such as Costco and Home Depot; Why consumers are willing to buy in bulk and haul their goods in trucks and sports-utility vehicles; How people are building their...
- Automotive DIY work on the rise this year. Clapper, Casey // Aftermarket Business;Aug2006, Vol. 116 Issue 8, p10
The article provides information about the 32nd Annual Do-It-Yourself (DIY) Survey in the U.S. It was found out that price is the major reason why self service workers shop at their preferred location for parts, chemicals and accessories, thus, ignoring other reasons such as convenience,...
- Consumers Are Taking on More Projects. // USA Today Magazine;Dec2002, Vol. 131 Issue 2691, p15
Discusses research from Home Improvement DATA that shows more citizens in the U.S. are continuing to make do-it-yourself (DIY) purchases and homeowners are still personally tackling DIY projects. Rate of completion of DIY projects; Impact of aging on homeowners' view of their homes.
- 51 YEARS AGO IN TIME. // Time;1/17/2005, Vol. 165 Issue 3, p19
Presents a cover from 51 years ago in "Time" as of January 17, 2005. Description of the issue, which focused on the do-it-yourself craze that was a national phenomenon in 1954.
- ITEMS WANTED. // DIY Week;2/22/2013, p18
The article focuses on W. J. Richards DIY, a supplier of do-it-yourself (DIY) equipment and supplies located in Newport, Wales.