- I'm Stig-B, fly me. hague, robin // New Scientist;8/4/2012, Vol. 215 Issue 2876, p5
The article reports that the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) issued Armadillo Aerospace of Heath, Texas, a license to launch its suborbital rocket Stig-B.
- The Rockets Are Coming. Chandler, David // Technology Review;Sep2006, Vol. 109 Issue 4, p16
This article reports on a number of rockets that will be launched in 2006. The X Prize Cup will showcase rocket technology in New Mexico in October 2006. The U.S. National Aeronautics and Space Administration will sponsor a contest that includes a $2.5 million prize for demonstrating a rocket's...
- In Orbit. Morring Jr., Frank // Aviation Week & Space Technology;2/14/2011, Vol. 173 Issue 6, p22
The article discusses aerospace news. Topics include the company Armadillo Aerospace of Texas and its plans for launching a recoverable liquid-fuel sounding rocket called Stig, a proposal in France to sell and lease its Syracuse 3 satellite communications system, and collaboration between the...
- Your Frequently Asked Questions. Van Milligan, Tim // Apogee's Rocketry E-Zine: Peak of Flight;7/15/2014, Issue 369, p2
The article presents questions and answers related to model rocketry supplies and kits including one on the distance of an ejection baffle from the engine, the difference in the skill level ratings given to a certain rocket and the methods for mounting plywood finds on the rocket's body tube.
- Let's do launch. Kluger, Jeffrey // Discover;Dec93, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p48
Reports on the model missile launching at Argonia, Kansas organized by the Tripoli Rocketry Association. Development of rocketry; Model rocketry in childhood; Terrain of Rick Nafziger farm; Solid fuel used by rocketeers; Description of rockets and launch.
- A NASA rocket launch was aborted at the last second. Hanson, Cynthia; Bandrapalli, Suman // Christian Science Monitor;12/19/95, Vol. 88 Issue 17, p2
Informs about the fifth cancellation in a week of a NASA rocket launch at Cape Canaveral, Florida, as reported on December 19, 1995. Mission of the launch.
- ADVENTURE CAPITALISTS: MEET THE SPACE BUILLIONAIRES. Pelton, Joseph N. // Futurist;Sep/Oct2012, Vol. 46 Issue 5, p18
The article profiles several individuals associated with space industrialization. Microsoft Corporation co-founder Paul Allen created Vulcan Inc. to finance the design and creation of spaceplanes for transporting space tourists. Jeff Bezos, founder of Amazon.com, has developed the spacecraft...
- DI why? // American Nurseryman;6/1/2002, Vol. 195 Issue 11, p6
Editorial. Comments on the commercialism of horticulture in the U.S. Emergence of do-it-yourself television shows; Offering of professional design and installation services; Ways in accessing products and information.
- Industry corner: DIY home products: A global perspective. Brogan, Darrin M.; Cort, Stanton G. // Business Economics;Jan1997, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p58
Focuses on the do-it-yourself (DIY) home products industry that encompass products purchased by consumers in retail outlets for self-installation in any part of a residential structure. Estimated demand for DIY products through the year 2000; Market size and outlook; Industry structure and...