Taking Aim at Brain Cancer
- Avant, Pfizer Sign $50M Deal for Cancer Vaccine. // Bioworld Week;4/21/2008, Vol. 16 Issue 16, p5
The article reports on the $50 million deal between Avant Immunotherapeutics Inc. and Pfizer Inc. for the advancement of Avant's therapeutic cancer vaccine. It is noted that the firm receives $40 million in up-front payments and $10 million in equity investments as part of the worldwide...
- New Data Show Avant's Vaccine Doubles Survival in Brain Cancer. Young, Donna // BioWorld Today;6/4/2008, Vol. 19 Issue 108, p1
The article focuses on the preliminary results of a Phase II study of Avant Immunotherapeutics Inc.'s CDX-110 immunotherapy. Results showed that the drug doubled the survival of patients suffering from glioblastoma multiforme, the most common and aggressive form of brain cancer. CDX-110 targets...
- Celldex Flying Solo as Pfizer Bails on CDX-110 Partnership. // Bioworld Week;9/13/2010, Vol. 18 Issue 37, p2
The article reports that Pfizer Inc. has returned the rights of the CDX-110 (rindopepimut) brain cancer vaccine to Celldex Therapeutics Inc.
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons Annual Meeting. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;4/21/2012, Vol. 21, p1
The article informs that a new vaccine for brain cancer has been found effective in a multicenter phase II clinical trial at extending the lives of patients with glioblastoma multiforme.
- Celldex Flying Solo as Pfizer Bails on CDX-110 Partnership. Boggs, Jennifer // BioWorld Today;9/7/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 172, p1
This article reports on the decision of Pfizer Inc. to return rights to brain cancer vaccine CDX-110 to Celldex Therapeutics Inc. According to Celldex President and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Anthony Marucci, they view the decision as a positive event for the firm. Particular focus is given...
- Celldex Pops on Phase II GBM Data. // BioWorld Today;6/2/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 104, p6
The article reports on the results from two Phase II studies of the cancer vaccine CDX-110 by Celldex Therapeutics Inc. and partner Pfizer Inc. in patients with glioblastoma multiforme (GBM). In the first study, median overall survival was 26 months and median time to progression was 14.2 months...
- AVANT GETS PATENT FOR CHOLESTEROL MANAGEMENT VACCINE. // Biotech Business;Aug2002, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p4
Reports on the issuance of a U.S. patent covering a vaccine developed by Avant Immunotherapeutics Inc. for cholesterol management.
- Avant Restructures To Save; Scales Back Staff. // Bioworld Week;4/23/2007, Vol. 15 Issue 17, p3
The article reports on the reorganization of vaccine specialist Avant Immunotherapeutics Inc. in Needham, Massachusetts. Una Ryan, president and CEO of Avant pointed that the company expects cutting about a third of its work force, while backing away from biodefense contract and putting no more...
- Cancer News Round-up. // PharmaWatch: Cancer;Mar2006, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p2
The article presents news about the anticancer drugs industry. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved Pfizer Inc.'s gastrointestinal cancer vaccine Sutent. FDA also granted Molecular Insight Pharmaceuticals Inc.'s neuroendocrine tumor treatment Ultratrace MIBG an orphan drug...