- People to Watch in Higher Education: Joyce Brown. PASQUARELLI, ADRIANNE // Crain's New York Business;10/14/2013, Vol. 29 Issue 41, p18
The article profiles Joyce Brown, president of Fashion Institute of Technology. It mentions that there was an increase in school enrollment at Fashion Institute from 5600 in 1998 to more than 7200 full-time students while 20 new degree and certificate programs were added. It states that the...
- FIT Will Name First Carole Sloan Scholar in June. // Home Textiles Today;5/9/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p12
The article reports on the plan of the Fashion Institute of Technology to name its Carole Sloan Scholarship Fund scholar in June 2011 in the U.S.
- Making toy makers. Pego, David // Community College Week;12/29/97, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p6
Focuses on the two-year degree program offered by the Toy Design Department of the Fashion Institute of Technology, located in New York City. Purpose of the program's rigorous screening process; Percentage of students the program places in employment; How the program guarantees students...
- Growing a business Guide. // Crain's New York Business;11/13/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 46, p33
Focuses on business educational programs offered by the Fashion Institute of Technology in New York City's Enterprise Center. Importance for entrepreneurs to learn about the importance of business planning and marketing strategies; Relation of entrepreneur Ann Conner's experience of taking part...
- F.I.T. opens fragrance studio to industry. // DCI;Mar1996, Vol. 158 Issue 3, p108
Focuses on the Annette Green/Fragrance Foundation Studio at the Fashion Institute of Technology in New York City. Description.
- Fashion Institute celebrates 50th anniversary. // Vocational Education Journal;Nov/Dec94, Vol. 69 Issue 8, p22
Cites the success of the Fashion Institute of Technology in New York City. Outfitting of employees of the Transit Authority; Placement of the majority of graduates in industry jobs; Formation in 1944; School budget; Link with New York's fashion industry; Faculty.
- FIT show mixes it up. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;6/8/1998, Vol. 175 Issue 108, p18
Provides information on the annual Fashion Institute of Technology Accessories Design Show produced by graduating students. Details on the fashion designs of the students; Highlights of the show.
- Decade of design. // Playthings;Dec98, Vol. 96 Issue 12, p45
Focuses on the accomplishments of the Fashion Institute of Technology's Toy Design Department in New York City. Example of best-selling toys designed by the department's alumni; Department's continued pursuit of excellence in toy design; Background on the department's establishment;...
- FIT scholarship honors Mildred Mottahedeh. // Gifts & Decorative Accessories;Dec94, Vol. 95 Issue 12, p8
Announces that Mildred Mottahedeh acknowledged the endowment of a scholarship in her name for students at the Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT) in New York City.