15 to Watch in Asia
- Media Mogul. DAGAR, SHALINI S. // Business Today;9/1/2011, Vol. 20 Issue 18, p110
The article profiles of HT Media Ltd. Chairperson and editorial director Shobhana Bhartia who was named one of the most powerful women by "Business Today."
- Paper Tigress. Karmali, Naazneen // Forbes Asia;9/15/2008, Vol. 4 Issue 15, p183
The article offers information on the life and achievements of Shobhana Bhartia, vice chairman and editorial director of HT Media Ltd. It states that Bhartia, daughter of Industrialist Krishna Kumar Birla, is the driving force behind HT Media, whose newspaper "Hindustan Times" is the...
- Shobhana Bhartia. PANDE, SHAMNI // Business Today;10/7/2007, Vol. 16 Issue 20, p77
The article focuses on Shobhana Bhartia, vice chairperson and editorial director of HT Media Ltd. in India. Bhartia has been awarded the Padma Shri award for her success as an active industry figure. She was the former chairperson of the Audit Bureau of Circulation. It is noted that Bhartia's...
- HT Media names Shamit Bhartia as managing director. // Indiantelevision.com;9/26/2015, p1
The article announces the appointment of Shamit Bhartia as managing director at mass media company HT Media Ltd. replacing his mother Shobhana Bhartia.
- SHOBHANA BHARTIA. Mehra, Puja // Business Today;11/29/2009, Vol. 18 Issue 23, p36
The article profiles Shobhana Bhartia, chairperson and editorial director at HT Media Ltd. It notes that despite of the hard times the publishing business has experienced, HT Media's profit has spurted in the third quarter of 2009 over the 2008 corresponding quarter. It mentions that Bhartia has...
- Starting Afresh. SAI SRINIVAS, K. // Business Today;12/11/2011, Vol. 20 Issue 25, p150
The article features one of India's Most Powerful Women Manisha Girotra, Chairperson and Managing director, UBS India.
- Moelis Names Former UBS Banker Girotra as India Head. // News India Times;07/20/2012, Vol. 43 Issue 29, p15
The article announces that Manisha Girotra was appointed as head of operations for Moelis & Co. in India.
- 2004-05's LISTING OF THE 25 MOST POWERFUL WOMEN IN INDIAN BUSINESS. // Business Today;10/7/2007, Vol. 16 Issue 20, p90
A list of the 25 most powerful women in Indian business for 2004 to 2005 is presented. They include Vedika Bhandarkar, managing director and head in Investment Banking at JP Morgan India, Shobhana Bhartia, vice chairperson of the Hindustan Times, and Lalita Gupte, joint managing director of...
- Manisha Girotra. GOPALAN, KRISHNA // Business Today;10/7/2007, Vol. 16 Issue 20, p79
The article focuses on Manisha Girotra, managing director and chairperson of UBS AG in India. Her most outstanding success is the booming mergers and acquisitions (M&A) in the country. It cites that she has been involved in deals worth $20 billion, including Hindalco's buyout of Novelis for...