- E-BOOKS: A GOOD READ. Smalera, Paul // Saturday Evening Post;Sep/Oct2009, Vol. 281 Issue 5, p19
The article discusses electronic book readers, so-called e-books, marketed by Amazon, Sony, and other companies. The article notes the competitive edge that Internet book stores and e-books have grown to have over brick-and-mortar book stores. It notes professor Joseph Jacobson and his E Ink...
- The Media Lab's New Pilot. Bourzac, Katherine // Technology Review;May2006, Vol. 109 Issue 2, pM8
The article reports on the appointment of Frank Moss as director of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology's Media Lab. Moss was a former CEO of information technology management software provider Tivoli Systems and a cofounder of web services pioneer Bowstreet and biotech firm Infinity...
- Printed 'electronic paper' takes a step closer to reality. Bindra, Ashok // Electronic Design;11/22/99, Vol. 47 Issue 24, p52
Reports on Lucent Technologies and E Ink Corp.'s development of `electronic paper' that would be the first flexible, plastic, electronic display entirely made with a process similar to ink-on-paper printing. Combination of E Ink's electronically addressable ink with advances in carbon-based...
- E Ink promises light, rugged e-book device. Letts, Mike // Seybold Report: Analyzing Publishing Technologies;12/3/2001, Vol. 1 Issue 17, p33
Reports on electronic publishing firm E Ink Corp.'s launch of electronic book (E-book) device that features proprietary display technology. Advantages of proprietary display technology; Diagonal screen feature of the e-book; Price.
- Revisiting electronic ink. Cravotta, Robert // EDN Europe;Sep2008, Vol. 55 Issue 9, p80
The article features the electronic ink developed by E ink Corp in the U.S. It mentions that electronic ink has moved into the e-book market where in the current e-book are implementing a rigid display for ultra violet protection of the display. Moreover, it mentions that electronic ink has...
- E-Reader Evolved. Williams, Amber // Popular Science;Mar2012, Vol. 280 Issue 3, p20
The article provides information on the Ectaco jetBook Color, an electronic book reader which uses the Triton e-paper color display by E Ink.
- E Paper. Christenson, Elise // Newsweek;11/25/2002, Vol. 140 Issue 22, p68
Discusses attempts of E Ink to develop Radio Paper, a newspaper that continually updates itself with ink that can be electronically altered. Description of the display; Possibility that the technology could be used for electronic books.
- NEGROPONTE ON FUTURE SCHOOLS Laptops Make Children Thirst for Learning. // Scholastic Administrator;Fall2011, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p34
The article focuses on the prediction made by Nicholas Negroponte, professor of Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and founder of One Laptop per Child program, that classrooms will develop into laboratories in 2016, wherein students use laptops and electronic books.
- Emergence of the e-book. Harris, Siân // Nature Photonics;Nov2010, Vol. 4 Issue 11, p748
The article presents information on the evolution of the electronic books (e-book ). The role of Joe Jacobson, a professor at Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), in the evolution is discussed. He developed a concept called radio paper and his idea was used by the company E Ink Corp.,...