- Digicel gearing up for expansion drive. // Latin America Telecom;Jan2014, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p11
The article offers information on Irish businessman Denis O'Brien, who has announced the expansion of its telecom group Digicel in 2014 and by planning an investment of 500 million U.S. dollars on its networks in 2014.
- Digicel books US$2.8bn revenues. // Latin America Telecom;Jul2013, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p13
The article informs that the mobile phone network provider Digicel Group Ltd. booked revenues of 2.78 billion U.S. dollars in the financial year that ended on March 31, 2013, with an 8% increase year-on-year, and discusses gain in service revenues from data and value added services in 2013.
- Digicel taps into budget market for 3G growth. // Latin America Telecom;Mar2014, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p11
The article reports on the increase in data revenues and subscribers of Digicel Group Ltd., Jamaica's largest mobile phone network provider, in the three-month to the end of December 2013.
- Digicel 'to use $400m of IPO for acquisitions'. Stubbs, Agnes // Capacity Magazine;10/19/2015, p1
Mobile operator Digicel has allocated $400 million of its share flotation funds to be used for acquisitions, according to reports in Dublin, where the company's owner, Denis O'Brien, is based.
- Digicel buying Bermuda Telephone Company. // Latin America Telecom;Jan2015, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p5
The article reports on acquisition of Bermuda Telephone Company (BTC) by mobile operator firm, Digicel Group, for providing better networking services to customers. Topics discussed include views of Irishman Denis O'Brien, owner of Digicel, on the same, comments from Roy Graydon, executive at...
- Digicel books US$2.8bn revenues. // Latin America Telecom;Jun2013, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p10
The article informs that the Caribbean-based telecommunications group Digicel Group Ltd. has booked revenues of 2.78 billion U.S. dollars in the year ended March 31, 2013 thereby representing an eight percent increase year-on-year.
- Brightpoint profit misses expectations. // Indianapolis Business Journal;5/12/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p17
The article reports that Plainfield, Indiana-based cellular telephone distributor Brightpoint Inc. has recorded one cent per share of profit in the first quarter of 2008. According to the author, this was far from the 12 cents expected by analysts surveyed by Thomson Financial. The $775,000 in...
- China Mobile looks to sustain 3G growth; 2011 sales, profits up 8.8%, 5.2%. // China Telecom;2012, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p2
The article reports that China-based cellular service provider China Mobile is aiming to sustain the growth of its third generation (3G) business, after posting an 8.8 percent increase in revenues and a 5.2 percent increase in net profits in 2011.
- Carriers roam for revenues. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;3/18/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p4
Predicts the growth of international roaming revenue of cellular carriers, according to Telecompetition Inc. Expectated increase of revenue; International calling service from VoiceStream Wireless Corp.; Benefits of the partnership between VoiceStream and T-Voice on customers.