Reader's Digest To Cut Spots In Children's Publishing Division
- RDA's Rx: Tap The Brand. Masterton, John // MediaWeek;03/01/99, Vol. 9 Issue 9, p6
Announces the plan of Reader's Digest Association (RDA) to expand into several businesses. Target earnings by 2004; Remarks from RDA chairman/chief executive officer Tom Ryder; Platform for targeted selling of products through the mail.
- RD revises bonus plan, rejects new board nominations. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;12/8/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 50, p12
Reports on results of `Reader's Digest's' (RD) disappointing financial performance. Cash bonuses suspended for some executives; Cancelling of some previously granted stock incentives: Rejected request by Corporate Value Partners to nominate Frank Macchiarola and William Mayer, to RD's board of...
- New Digest series aims to simplify. Donahue, Dick // Publishers Weekly;12/8/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 50, p12
Discusses the launching of a `Reader's Digest' adult trade imprint to be called `Simpler Life.' Details of style and content, titles and future releases; Description of marketing strategies and promotional campaign.
- Major changes in RD structure. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;8/3/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 31, p12
Reports on the redesign of the corporate structure and personnel changes of `Reader's Digest' (RD). RDs organization into four business groups, Global Books and Home Entertainment Group, the U.S. Magazine Publishing Group, the International Magazine Publishing Group and QSP Inc.; The broadening...
- Results fall at Reader's Digest. // Publishers Weekly;2/2/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 5, p23
Reports that Reader's Digest has reported another quarter of declining results for the second period ended December 31, 1997. Revenues for the entire company falling; Decline in the book unit partially due to the strength of the dollar; Comments from chairman George Grune.
- RD growth plan to broaden line. Milliott, Jim // Publishers Weekly;3/8/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 10, p11
Reports on Reader's Digest Inc.'s growth strategy which includes expansion into nonpublishing activities. Markets targeted by the company; Revenue goals of the firm; Plans of the company in boosting its magazine and book publishing activities.
- RD slashes trade title output. // Publishers Weekly;3/2/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 9, p16
Reports on Reader's Digest restructure of its trade editorial department. The unit's list cuts; The department's absorption by the United States General Books group.
- Reader's Digest Has Mixed Performance. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;2/5/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 6, p16
Provides information on the financial performance of Reader's Digest (RD) company for the second quarter of 2000. Decrease in the revenues and profits posted by RD during the quarter; Factors which contributed to the decrease; Details on the management reorganization in RD.
- Better Finish to Tough Year at Reader's Digest. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;8/5/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 31, p11
Reports on the financial results of Reader's Digest and its North American Books and Home Entertainment (BHE) division in the fiscal 2002. Improvement in operating results; Decline in the BHE group; Prediction for the BHE and Books Are Fun units.