FREE EXERCISE IN THE STATES: BELIEF, CONDUCT, AND JUDICIAL BENCHMARKS
- Valuing spirituality among native American populations. Matheson, Lou // Counseling & Values;Oct96, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p51
Focuses on some of the tests of body, mind and spirit that an Indian traditional seeker of spirit power must endure and the context in which these exercises are experienced. How spiritually focused people may relate and communicate on a noncognitive level; Details on various aspects of...
- Heaven help us. // Psychology Today;Sep/Oct93, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p8
Cites a report by Paul Root Wolpe and Shimon Waldfogel in `Hospital and Community Psychiatry,' who found doctors who take time to explore their patients' spiritual beliefs may help both their patients and themselves. Eliciting more clinically relevant information; The take-home sermon.
- Faith healing legal. // Christian Century;5/2/90, Vol. 107 Issue 15, p456
Reports on a Minnesota ruling that a Christian Science couple who allowed their son to die of diabetes cannot be prosecuted. Spiritual healing; Other cases involving the Christian Science church.
- The different levels of healing. Meister, S.V. // America;10/27/1990, Vol. 163 Issue 12, p293
Describes an emergency situation in which a mover was apparently overcome by the heat and the different types of techniques people used in attempting to heal him. A woman who called herself a `believer,' held the man and prayed until he relaxed. Positive reaction to the believer; Combination of...
- Reiki. // Subconsciously Speaking;Dec1990, Vol. 5 Issue 6, p10
No abstract available.
- Hazards of healing. Guenther, Margaret // Christian Century;5/10/95, Vol. 112 Issue 16, p507
Discusses various aspects of spiritual healing. Dangers of healing; Image of Jesus' healing of the man by the Sheep Gate; Sick man's ambivalent attitude concerning healing.
- Relationship of Homeopathy and Spiritual Healing. Bahder, Paul // Journal of the American Institute of Homeopathy;Mar1997, Vol. 90 Issue 1, p10
No abstract available.
- Doctors agree: prayer works. Muck, T.C. // Christianity Today;3/17/89, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p17
Editorial. Reports on a recent study published by the `Journal of the American Medical Association,' which indicates that prayer is effective in removing complications faced by heart patients.
- After a violent death. Gaines, Patrice // Essence (Essence);Jul94, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p36
Relates the author's struggle in healing herself after the violent death of a friend. Discovery that establishing a new relation to God is the key to peace and healing of one's self.