- Kinder test for prostate cancer. S.M. // Arthritis Today;Sep/Oct98, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p16
Presents information on the Free PSA test for prostate cancer. Effectiveness of the test; Approval of the test; Comments from Kevin Slawin, medical doctor, who studied the test and is director of the Baylor Prostate Center in Houston, Texas.
- New testing standards help to detect prostate cancer in black men earlier and more accurately. // Jet;08/19/96, Vol. 90 Issue 14, p22
Relates that findings from a study will enhance doctors' abilities to diagnose prostate cancer in black men. The study giving the first prostatic specific antigen (PSA) levels specifically for black men; Fact that black men have a higher risk of suffering from prostate cancer than white men;...
- ACC Adds New Early Detection Test. AUER, TONIE // Business Press;10/02/98, Vol. 11 Issue 21, p4
Reports that the Arlington Cancer Center in Arlington, Texas is offering the Bayer Immuno 1 Complexed Prostate Specific Antigen Assay, a tool to help detect prostate cancer in its earliest stages. Importance of early diagnosis; Description of the prostate cancer test; Total financial investment...
- Prostate screening to be discouraged. Prenesti, Sam // Australian Nursing Journal;Sep96, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p10
Cites the results of a report compiled by the Australian Health Technology Advisory Committee which found that screening for prostate cancer were unreliable and could cause more harm than good. Lack of consensus among the medical professions about the effectiveness of screening tests;...
- Gleason score can predict risk of death from prostate cancer in some men. // Modern Medicine;Jan99, Vol. 67 Issue 1, p48
Discusses the abstract `Competing Risk Analysis of Men Aged 55 to 74 Years at Diagnosis Managed Conservatively for Clinically Localized Prostate Cancer' by P.C. Albertsen, J.A. Hanley, et al., published in the September 16, 1998 issue of the `Journal of American Medical Association' periodical.
- You Be the Coder. // Internal Medicine Coding Alert;Jun2010, Vol. 13 Issue 6, pp45
The article provides an answer to a question on the consideration of other factors besides ICD-9 and Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) in case of denial of reimbursement claim for prostate cancer screening.
- The Problems with Prostate Cancer. // State Legislatures;Dec98, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p8
Reports on the issue on the necessity for insurance companies to regularly screen their clients for prostate cancer. Cost of mass screening according to the United States Preventive Services Task Force; States that require insurers to cover yearly prostate cancer screening for all men over age 50.
- 155-6. THE DILEMMA OVER PSA SCREENING. // Cortlandt Forum;01/25/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p80
Discusses an appropriate screening strategy for prostate-specific antigen (PSA). Controversy surrounding serum PSA testing as a screening tool for prostate cancer; Need for a screening test to identify disease sufficiently early in its course; Clinicians' adoption of a program of annual testing...
- Help your man solve the prostate-test puzzle. Johnson, Kirk A. // Heart & Soul;Jun/Jul97, Issue 21, p100
Presents information on the proper way to assess Afro-American men's prostate-specific antigen (PSA) test. How to determine whether a Black men is safe from PSA; How doctors can detect prostate cancer in African-American men.