Election 2008: where the parties stand -- or not
- "More Band-Aid Therapy or the Cure?". Campbell, Mike // Indiana Business Magazine;Sep2007, Vol. 51 Issue 9, Special section p24
The article provides an answer to a question on how to control the rising costs of health care.
- MEDICARE MATTERS. Self, Don // Geriatrics;Mar98, Vol. 53 Issue 3, p94
Provides a question and answer section which focuses on separate fee schedules in relation to medical practices. Whether critical care patients would be reimbursed for procedures and treatments not honored by Medicare; Impact which site of service reductions have on Medicare-allowed amounts;...
- WHAT DO YOU DO WHEN PATIENTS CANNOT PAY? // Psychiatry (1550-5952);May2009, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p51
The article provides an answer to a question raised by a certain psychiatrist concerning financial problems.
- You can get paid for doing paperwork for home health certification, recertification. Self, Don // Geriatrics;Feb2009, Vol. 64 Issue 2, p28
The article presents questions and answers related to Medicare billings including billing through a home health certification for a follow-up visit not related to the first visit and clarification of the Physician Quality Reporting Initiative (PQRI) codes on claims.
- Coding and Billing Solutions. // O&P Almanac;Mar2012, Vol. 61 Issue 3, p60
The article presents questions and answers related to medical coding including using more than one joint code when articulating ankle foot orthosis (AFO), billing for repairs within the first 90 days of prosthesis, and charging split shoe sizes when providing diabetic shoes.
- Reader Questions. // Medical Office Billing & Collections Alert;Mar2012, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p22
The article presents questions and answers related to billing of medical services including the use of the G8644 code which applies for no license exceptions, billing an initial visit in a nursing facility (NF) under a physician assistant (PA), and billing J3301 for generic and brand names.
- Director's Message. Landefeld, J. Steven // Survey of Current Business;Jun2007, Vol. 87 Issue 6, piii
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including "Beyond Drug and Hospital Costs: Comprehensive Accounting for Health Care," and "Approaches for Measuring the Cost of Health Care Services."
- A Plea For Cost- Effectiveness, or at Least Avoiding Public Health Malpractice. Roberts, Leslie F. // American Journal of Public Health;Sep2009, Vol. 99 Issue 9, p1546
The author discusses the mission of public health that attempts to provide the most benefit for society with available limited resources. He discusses the advocacy of cost-effectiveness in public health that is at odds with the medical approach to service. He mentions the historical...
- New Zealand's contradictory health statistics. Essex, Charles // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);5/23/92, Vol. 304 Issue 6838, p1330
Focuses on the introduction of measures to overcome health costs by the New Zealand government. Charges for patients attending general practices and hospitals; Reduction of government subsidies for patients; Dependence of several family on welfare benefits.