Muni Insurance Drops Overall, But Is Up Short-Term Market
- Visible Supply by State. // Bond Buyer;9/3/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31711, p35
Presents figures pertaining to the issue of bonds in various states of the U.S.
- Insurance Sounds a High Note in Otherwise Flat Market, S&P Says. Carpenter, Sheri // Bond Buyer;04/18/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30873, p32
Reports on positive pricing and credit trends in bond insurance in the United States. Benefits that premium rates get from wider credit quality spreads.
- Bond Insurers' Margin of Safety Is Up, S&P Analyst Says. Carpenter, Sheri // Bond Buyer;05/11/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30889, p6
Reports on bond insurers' margin of safety in the United States. Adoption of more conservative underwriting standards; Public finance weighted-average capital charges.
- Ruling Could Give Insurers A Loophole. Kinnander, Ola; Carpenter, Sheri // Bond Buyer;05/25/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30899, p1
Reports on the controversy in an Alabama Supreme Court decision related to the bond insurance. Establishment of a loophole allowing bond insurers to avoid paying investors in some defaults; Details of the ruling.
- Detroit to Kick Off Fall Issuance With $150M in Two Sales. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/3/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31711, p34
Reports on the rise of Detroit to refund bonds in Chicago, Illinois. Assessment of risk management fund of Detroit; Prediction regarding the proceed of bonds issued by Detroit;
- THE BOND BUYER TOP 10 E-Mailed Stories. // Bond Buyer;10/31/2011, Vol. 378 Issue 33607, p6
The article offers information related to bonds including the concerns raised by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) on the premiums paid for bond insurance, the technical default faced by Stockton, California on its redevelopment agency debt, and the unfunded pensions of Rhode Island.
- Louisiana Flaunts Double Upgrade With $290 Million Sale. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;5/1/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31626, p38
Louisiana will come to the bond market with 290 million dollars of general obligation bonds in late May 1, 2003 its once-troubled credit supported by improved ratings that should reduce borrowing costs. The bonds will be sold competitively on May 15 via i-Deal's Parity electronic bidding system....
- Houston Holds Off. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;5/4/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31876, p1
Reports on the plan of the city of Houston to market a mutimillion dollar amount of public improvement refunding bonds after postponing the deal in Houston, Texas. Benefits of the move to allow the city to take advanatge of present-value savings for budgetary reflief; Hope of the city to refund...
- EDITOR'S NOTE. Hildreth, W. Bartley // Municipal Finance Journal;Fall2011, Vol. 32 Issue 3, preceding p1
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Earl D. Benson and Barry R. Marks who examine the determinants of premium differences for Texas general obligation bonds, another by Chris Brune and Pu Liu who studied the financial life of a major bond insurer to...