Medstar: IRS Auditor Finds Bonds Taxable
- Serving the corridor. Morrissey, John; Gardner, Jonathan // Modern Healthcare;02/23/98, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p18
Focuses on the full-asset merger of Helix Health company and Medlantic Healthcare Group in the United States. Background of the Medlantic company; Figures on the operating revenue of both companies; Views of both parties regarding the merger; Reasons for the failure of previous joint ventures...
- Partnership named. // Modern Healthcare;1/29/96, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p8
Reports that the Helix Health System and Medlantic Healthcare Group Inc. have named their partnership BWHealth. Columbia, Maryland as the headquarters; Number of hospital beds.
- GENTLEMEN'S AGREEMENT. Washam, Cynthia // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;09/20/98, Vol. 72 Issue 18, p43
Presents information on the merger between Washington's Medlantic Healthcare Group, and Baltimore's Helix Health company's, to form Helix/Medlantic company. Comments from John McDaniel, veteran and chief executive officer (CEO) of Washington's Medlantic Healthcare Group, and now chief executive...
- IRS may take tax bite from MedStar bond interest. Costello, Mary Ann // AHA News;08/14/2000, Vol. 36 Issue 32, p8
Focuses on the federal income tax payment of MedStar Health Inc. from its bond interest. Information on the findings of the United States Internal Revenue Service; Details on the bond interest of the company; Views on taxation in the health system.
- MedStar First to Settle IRS Audit. Tovino, Stacey A. // Venulex Legal Summaries;2002 Q3, p1
The article reports on the decision of MedStar Health to pay the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) $500,000 to resolve a 3 year-old audit of its bonds. The bonds' tax-exempt status will be preserved under the settlement. Out of the seven hospital systems under the review of the IRS, MedStar is...
- D.C.-area cancer network planned. Jaklevic, Mary Chris // Modern Healthcare;4/29/96, Vol. 26 Issue 18, p16
Reports on Medlantic Healthcare Corp.'s formation of a joint venture with PhyMatrix Corp. to develop an oncology network in the Washington and Baltimore metropolitan areas. Proposed name for the network; Number of hospitals and physicians to compose the network; Reasons of Medlantic for...
- Historic hospital in Baltimore to close. Morrissey, John // Modern Healthcare;09/27/99, Vol. 29 Issue 39, p19
Unveils the decision of MedStar Health of Columbia, Maryland to shut down Baltimore-based Church Hospital. Advantage of the closure for MedStar; Plans of MedStar; Financial result of Church between 1998 and 1999.
- Linkages. J.A. // AHA News;2/10/97, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p4
Notes affiliations and mergers in the health care industry, for the week ending February 10, 1997. Medlantic Healthcare Group's position on Tenet Healthcare Corp.'s proposal to acquire George Washington University Hospital in Washington, D.C.; Magellan Health Services' agreement to sell its 95...
- MedStar Health Lowered by Fitch. // Bond Buyer;05/17/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30893, p2
Reports on the rating of the bonds of MedStar Health Inc.