Moody's Says New Taxes Pose Long-Term Risks to Pa. Schools
- Mesquite, Tex., GOs Raised by Moody's. // Bond Buyer;04/25/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30877, p2
Reports that Moody's Investors Service has raised the rating on the Mesquite, Texas, Independent School District's outstanding general obligation bonds to Aa3 from A1. Assignment of a an Aaa/VMIG-1 rating to the district's variable-rate unlimited tax bonds.
- Peoria, Ariz., schools win Moody's upgrade. // Bond Buyer;11/15/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30768, p2
Reports on Moody's Investors Service's rating on the Peoria, Arizona Unified School District's school improvement bonds, series 1999.
- Pa. School District Upgraded by Moody's. // Bond Buyer;4/5/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31359, p2
Reports on the upgrading of the general obligation bonds of Owen J. Roberts School District by Moody's Investors Service in Pennsylvania. Financial position of the school district; Assignation of an Aa3 rating to the school bond; Use of the bond proceeds for school construction.
- Improvements net A1 Moody's rating for Indiana school intercept program. Goldsmith, Steve // Bond Buyer;04/24/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30379, p25
Reports that Moody's Investors Service Inc. gave an A1 rating in April 1998 to Indiana's school corporation intercept program, which could lead to upgrades for up to $4.5 billion of outstanding debt. Praise for improvements in the program; Schedule of debt service payments.
- Moody's keeps Chicago schools' slate of issues at an underlying Baal. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;09/29/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30488, p3
Reports on the refusal of Moody's Investors Service to upgrade the Chicago, Illinois-based Chicago School Reform Board of Trustees' upcoming issues for the rest of 1998. Reaffirmation of an underlying Baa1 rating; Limited financial resources of Chicago public schools; Board's adoption of a...
- Moody's Gives Some Good News To East St. Louis, Ill., Schools. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/06/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31011, p3
Reports the rating of the school bonds of East Saint Louis School District in Chicago, Illinois. Plans of the school to sell the general obligation bonds without a referendum; Efforts of the school to achieve financial improvements; Views of the financial analyst of Moody's Investors Service...
- Moody's sees more school enhancement plans. McKeena, Jon // Bond Buyer;04/29/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30382, p44
Forecasts six state-credit enhancement programs amounting to $7 billion of local school bonds in the United States according to Moody's Investors Service Inc. Anticipation of higher ratings for school bonds supporting various improvement programs.
- Moody's Downgrades California. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;2/11/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31571, p1
Focuses on bond ratings of California that were downgraded by financial rating agency Moody's Investors Service Inc. Multi-billion dollar revenue shortfall that has led to the downgrade; Significance of the ratings; Expectations of financial analysts regarding the state's deficits.
- Moody's Lowers Rapid City, S.D., Hospital. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/10/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31589, p4
Focuses on the downgraded bond ratings of Rapid City Regional Hospital in South Dakota by the rating agency Moody's Investors Service Inc. Multi-million dollar outstanding debt that the downgrade affects; Multi-million dollar revenue bonds that the hospital system plans to sell in April, 2003;...