New Deals on Yield-Burning
- Alameda, Calif. Muni Bond Case Raises Novel Securities Issues. Webster, Keeley // Bond Buyer;4/9/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34090, p1
The article focuses on the issues raised by the case filed by Vectren Communications Services Inc. over municipal bond investors in Alameda, California who alleged securities fraud. Topics discussed include negotiations of the municipal finance deals, claimed misconduct was the sale of the cable...
- Nuveen Releases Plan Profitability Tool. Huntley, Alyssa // Plan Advisor News;2013, p113
The article reports on the release by investment management firm Nuveen Investments of the Online Plan Profit (k)alculator that shows plan profitability over time.
- Judge: Alameda Did Not Commit Fraud. Jensen, Randall // Bond Buyer;5/31/2011, Vol. 376, p1
The article discusses the ruling of U.S. District Court Judge Susan Illson of the Northern District of California regarding the Nuveen Funds v. Alameda court case. It presents a case wherein Nuveen Investments LCC accused the city of Alameda of committing security fraud. It relays that Judge...
- Nuveen's Peterson Leaves After Taking Fund to Top in 2001 . Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;1/11/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31302, p30
Reports on the disassociation of Steve Peterson from Chicago-based Nuveen Investments. Responsibilities handled by Peterson; Bond issues bought by Peterson.
- Nuveen Plans Its Second ETF. Friedman, Amy S. // American Banker;1/4/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 3, p8
Reports that Nuveen Investments is preparing to launch its first exchange-traded funds tracking United States Treasury indexes. Basis of the funds.
- Nuveen Sells $1.15B in Bonds. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;9/17/2012, p24
The article reports on a 645 million U.S. dollars in 9.5 percent senior notes due 2020 and 500 million U.S. dollars in 9.125 percent senior notes due 2017 sold by Nuveen Investments.
- Nuveen Investments Inc. looks to manage $200 million via Merrill, Solly. E.H. // Private Placement Letter;8/4/2003, Vol. 21 Issue 31, p1
Reports that the Nuveen Investments Inc. is seeking $200 million in privately placed fixed-income securities via the investment banks Merrill Lynch and CITI Group/Salomon Smith Barney.
- Nuveen Investments Proposes BAB Closed-End Fund. Seymour, Dan // Bond Buyer;3/4/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33276, p7
The article reports on the plan of investment management firm Nuveen Investments Inc. to devote its investment vehicles to Build America Bonds (BAB) closed-end fund in the U.S.
- HIGH YIELD BOND FUND PERFORMANCE. // Leveraged Finance News;9/2/2013, Vol. 3 Issue 33, p10
A chart is presented that lists high yield bond fund performance of funds including Third Avenue, Nuveen Sym, and Aegis High Yield.