AT A CROSSROADS: SPECIALTY COFFEE
- Better coffee, better day. // Beverage Industry;Mar2013, Vol. 104 Issue 3, p66
The article presents the research of consumer research provider Green Mountain Coffee Roasters on the effects of drinking coffee on coffee drinkers in Waterbury, Vermont.
- Call me Mr. Caffeine. Mullich, Joe // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;11/27/95, Vol. 9 Issue 24, p5
Ponders on the coffee habit in the United States. Physiological effects of coffee; Offerings in trendy coffee cafes; Characteristics of coffee drinkers.
- Campfire coffee like Aunt Rambo used to make. West, Ted // Outdoor Life;Jan95, Vol. 195 Issue 1, p64
Focuses on campers' indulgence in coffee. Reasons for the addictive indulgence; Ethiopia as the place of origin of coffee; History of coffee manufacture; Physiological effect of caffeine. INSET: The coffee drinker's almanac..
- COFFEE FACTS. // Working Mother;Apr/May2013, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p17
The article offers information on the health facts regarding the coffee consumption of children saying that drinking coffee or caffeinated drinks of children can have negative effects such as insomnia, headaches, and irregular heartbeats.
- News flash. // Good Health & Medicine;Feb2009, p16
The article reveals that U.S. researchers found that coffee is not linked to death or any diseases in 127,950 men and women.
- WHOLE LATTE PROTECTION. // Women's Health;Apr2009, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p24
The article highlights the findings of a study on the influence of drinking coffee on the risk of developing diabetes. A study published in the "American Journal of Clinical Nutrition" revealed that people who drank four or more cups of coffee a day have 30 percent lower risk of diabetes. The...
- Things are smoking. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;9/12/2005, Vol. 44 Issue 37, p24
The article reports on the celebration of the second anniversary of Southbound Bar-B-Que eatery in Valhalla, New York. The restaurant started in 2003 out of the passion of co-owners Brad McAllister and Dan Sullivan for barbecue smoking. The idea of putting up a barbecue business is not because...
- Coffee consumption and bladder cancer. // American Family Physician;11/15/1993, Vol. 48 Issue 7, p1292
Reports on the study of Viscoli and colleagues published in the `Lancet' periodical, June 5, 1993 on the association between coffee consumption and cancer of the lower urinary tract.
- Percolating prices. // New Hampshire Business Review;5/20/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 10, p4
The article reports that American coffee drinkers are still willing to buy coffee despite restaurants and cafes are increasing their coffee prices due to the cost of coffee beans that has percolated to an all-time high.