TRICKS OF THE TRADE: USING FREEZERS
- Senior project scales the heights on first building. // Las Vegas Business Press;9/8/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 36, p22
Features the Las Ventanas senior living facility in Las Vegas, Nevada. Construction costs; Number of employees; Description on the architectural design of the building.
- Community elder-care agencies merging. Servaas, Lois // Grand Rapids Business Journal;5/8/95, Vol. 13 Issue 19, p7
Reports on Family Life Center's (FLC) plans to merge with Gerontology Network Services (GNS) in Michigan. Features of the planned merger; Comment by Cindy Longchamps, FLC director; History of FLC.
- Correlates of care quality in long-term care facilities: A multilevel analysis. Bravo, Gina; De Wals, Philippe // Journals of Gerontology Series B: Psychological Sciences & Socia;May99, Vol. 54B Issue 3, pP180
Examines the correlates of care quality in long-term care facilities in Canada. Relationship between cognitive functioning and care quality; Role of resident and facility characteristics on care quality; Suggestions on the provision of quality of care to cognitively impaired older clients...
- Growing up. // Drug Topics;5/5/97, Vol. 141 Issue 9, p32
Cites the healthcare implications of an increase in the adult population by the year 2000 in the United States. Growth of the nursing home industry; Increase in long-term care facilities; Study by SMG Marketing Group.
- Senior Care Communities. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;12/30/2005, Issue 323498, p61
A list of senior care communities in the area of Central San Joaquin Valley, California ranked by number of assisted living residents in 2004 with their respective addressess and contact information is presented. The first in the list is Palm Village Retirement Community followed by...
- PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT. // Nursing Homes: Long Term Care Management;Oct2001, Vol. 50 Issue 10, p18
Describes several products for the care of the elderly. Power wheelchair from Permobil Trax; Bed from Hard Manufacturing; Clothing from Independent You.
- Report shows Bishop wrong on aged care funding. // Australian Nursing Journal;Oct2001, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p6
Deals with a report released in June 2001 on the insufficiency of federal funds for the aged care industry in Australia. Amount of aged care funding needed; Details of real nursing costs; Factors which contributed to the insufficiency of government funds.
- INTRODUCING: Mark Parkinson...and His Recollections For a Time To Come. KOLUS, KEVIN // Long-Term Living: For the Continuing Care Professional;Apr2011, Vol. 60 Issue 4, p34
The article profiles Mark Parkinson, Governor of Kansas and president of American Health Care Association and the National Center for Assisted Living (AHCA/NCAL). It mentions that Parkison along with his wife Stacy was dedicated for the development of assisted living facilities and nursing...
- Registered nurses' understanding of truth-telling as practiced in the nursing-home: An Australian perspective. Tuckett, Anthony G // Health Sociology Review;Jun2006, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p179
This article draws on an Australian research study using multiple qualitative methods to investigate 'truth-telling' in aged-care. Registered nurses understand truth-telling to be an instrumental practice in which information should be used as a means to avoid harm. The worth of truthfulness is...