Fueling up in classrooms
- MARILYN HURT. Schuster, Karolyn // Food Management;May2000, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p50
Profiles Marilyn Hurt, supervisor of the school nutrition programs at the School District of LaCrosse in Wisconsin. National reputation for expertise in the political process and personal persuasion; Highlights of her career; Use of her position in the School District of LaCrosse to heighten...
- GET SEEN, GET HEARD, GET CREDIBILITY. // Food Management;May2000, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p51
Focuses on supervisor of school nutrition programs at the School District of LaCrosse in Wisconsin, Marilyn Hurt's advice on building school foodservice power and prestige within a community. Communicating with key community leaders and being personally active and visible in community-wide...
- Labor, menu mgmt. are top concerns. // FoodService Director;12/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p68
Reports on a 1998 compensation study in college food service establishments in the United States by the `FoodService Director' periodical. Comparative earnings of men and women; Decline in the number of students working in dining units; Problems in maintaining operating expenses; Profile of...
- Women's pay rises 3.7% on '98 W-2s. // FoodService Director;12/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p69
Reports on a study by the `FoodService Director' periodical on the compensation of school food service operators in the United States. Increase of 3.7 percent in the salaries of women; Industry challenges according to food service executives; Profile of Dennis Barrett, executive director of...
- Chicago School Workers Survey: Kids Not Eating Healthy New Options. // Food Management Exclusive Insight;1/25/2012, p6
The article discusses a survey of 436 foodservice workers in the Chicago Public School system cafeterias showing that children are not eating healthy foods that workers call for changes in the school meal program and having kitchens in schools to provide fresh foods instead of frozen replacements.
- NEWS. // FoodService Director;2/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p8
Presents updates on the food service industry in the U.S. as of February 15, 2005. Challenges faced by school food service directors; Information on the winners of the Foodservice Achievement Management Excellence Award.
- CIA Opens Kitchens to Schools. // FoodService Director;7/15/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p10
The article focuses on the initiative of The Culinary Institute of America in opening its kitchen to school foodservice professionals from seven districts for the Schwan's Food Service Getting Back to Your Roots Symposium in San Antonio, Texas in April 2013.
- Govt feeds Â£21m to the School Food Trust over three years. // Education (14637073);2/8/2008, Issue 299, p3
The article presents information about the School Food Trust in Great Britain. The group works to improve the quality of school food. The funding increase will help support the training of school caterers as well as educate parents and students about nutrition. The School FEAST Network is...
- ASFSA prexy asks industry to help improve child nutrition. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;08/14/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 33, p22
Focuses on the request made by American School Food Service Association (ASFSA) president Marilyn Hurt for school food service business members to participate in efforts to improve school children's nutrition in the country. Importance for members to forge partnerships to promote school...