Making anything portable
- Florida hospital sets new delivery program. // FoodService Director;07/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p26
Reports that Mt. Sinai Medical Center in Miami Beach, Florida has been developing a delivery program at its branded food-court. Plan to offer a limited menu of selection from branded stations; Highlights of the program.
- 3-D PICTURE MENU AIDS PEDIATRIC MEAL SERVICE. // Health Facilities Management;Apr2003, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p6
Reports on the use of the Fisher-Price 'View Master,' a three-dimensional picture menu, by patients at Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center as of April 2003. Features and mechanism; Benefits for children.
- HOSPITAL SERVES UP ETHNIC SMORGASBORD. // Health Facilities Management;Jul2003, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p6
Reports on the traditional food offerings at Weiss Memorial Hospital in Chicago, Illinois as of July 1, 2003. Purpose of its expanded offerings of traditional food; Result of a tasting session conducted by the hospital for staff, interpreters and the press.
- Linking computers & phones. Grossbauer, Sue // FoodService Director;03/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p170
Describes how foodservice executives in two United States hospitals linked computers and telephones to better manage the facilities' menu process. Process-analysis for patient menus; Interactive voice response systems; Integrated solution offered by Vision Software Technologies Inc. and...
- Fewer menu choices. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;07/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p110
Reports on trends in food service in hospitals and healthcare facilities in the United States. Introduction of beef dishes at Presbyterian Medical Center; Offering of traditional food fare at The Grace Plaza of Great Neck; Regularly menued beef items.
- Going beyond turkey club. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;08/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p128
Focuses on deli food operations in hospitals and healthcare facilities in the United States. Louisiana State University Medical Center in Shreveport's offering of low fat deli meats; Health Choice meat products offered at the University of Virginia Health Sciences Center's main cafeteria;...
- Digging into diversity. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;7/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p80
Reports on the popularity of Hispanic or Mexican dishes in hospitals and healthcare facilities in the U.S. Preparation for migas; Recipe for Quick Skillet Quesadilla; Favorite Mexican dishes at Shannon Medical Center in San Angelo, Texas.
- Where next for hospital food as BHF is scrapped? Williamson, Andy // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;5/25/2006, Vol. 196 Issue 4426, p14
The article explains the failure of the Better Hospital Food (BHF) program established by Great Britain's government in 2001. Specific aims included producing new recipes, redesigning the menu and introducing 24-hour catering. But the government announced the scheme's demise in June 2006,...
- The "Food & Travel Pass" Initiative. Bowers-Ivanski, Nancy; Russell, Rosemarie; Cook, Sheila // Canadian Nursing Home;Oct2004, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p16
Focuses on the Food & Travel Pass initiative for managing resident nutritional concerns at the Parkwood Hospital in Ontario. Supervision guidelines; Implementation; Benefits. INSETS: Pertinant principles of adult learning;How well are you doing in your facility?.