IN CALIFORNIA: Fruit harvesting, picking are active
- Harvest areas up 2%, down 6% from 1996. Thienpont, Chuck // FoodService Director;09/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p98
Provides estimates for the prospective area for harvest of selected fresh market vegetables and fruits in the United States during the summer quarter of 1998. Includes estimates for broccoli; Cabbage; Cauliflower; Eggplant; Lettuce; Bell pepper; Snap bean; Carrot; Celery; Cucumbers; Tomato;...
- Weniger GemÃ¼se in Deutschland geerntet. // Lebensmittel Zeitung;4/4/2014, Issue 14, p25
The article presents statistic figures on vegetable and fruit harvesting in Germany in the year 2013, including strawberries, asparagus, and carrots.
- GROWING MORE THAN PRODUCE. JACKSON, ANDREA // Indianapolis Monthly;Aug2015, Vol. 38 Issue 12, p57
The article offers the author's insights concerning the fruits and vegetable harvesting process at the Harvestland Farm in Anderson, Indiana.
- Perfect Picking. Leung, Debbie // Organic Gardening;Aug-Oct2007, Vol. 54 Issue 6, p19
The article provides information on when to pick certain fruits and vegetables. Techniques and tips explain when each edible plant is at the perfect point for being picked. In some cases, harvesting when the plant is perfectly ripe is important, while other plants need to be picked early and put...
- Thinking Globally, Living Locally! // Skipping Stones;Sep/Oct2008, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p3
The article explores the global harvests of fruits and vegetables. It is stated that there are lots of concerned groups around the world that promote ecological, healthy living, and local economies such as biological or local products. In autumn, many cultures celebrate harvest festivals...
- Ag calls on Congress to secure workforce. // Michigan Farmer (0026-2153);Nov2013, Vol. 317 Issue 11, p22
The article focuses on the need of migrant labor and comprehensive immigration reform for Michigan agriculture. It discusses the need for a functional visa system to obtain an adequate skilled workforce to work in the agriculture industry of Michigan. It mentions that the farmers and growers in...
- Polish Fruit and Veg Snapped Up Abroad. A. R. // Warsaw Voice;Jul2013, Issue 7, p14
The article focuses on the Polish fruit and vegetables market as of 2013. According to the findings of the Foreign Agriculture Markets Monitoring Unit at the Foundation of Assistance Programs for Agriculture (FAMMU/FAPA), 1.25 million metric tons of fresh fruits have been exported by Poland in...
- Novel Wireless Sensor System for Monitoring Oxygen, Temperature and Respiration Rate of Horticultural Crops Post Harvest. Løkke, Mette Marie; Seefeldt, Helene Fast; Edwards, Gareth; Ole Green // Sensors (14248220);2011, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p8456
In order to design optimal packages, it is of pivotal importance to determine the rate at which harvested fresh fruits and vegetables consume oxygen. The respiration rate of oxygen (RRO2) is determined by measuring the consumed oxygen per hour per kg plant material, and the rate is highly...
- Summer's harvest. Bubel, Nancy // Country Journal;Jul/Aug96, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p14
Presents tips on proper harvesting of garden vegetables. Picking green beans before the seeds bulge; Appropriate size of cucumber; Choosing ripe and glossy eggplant. INSET: Garden notes..