AND EVEN HEALTHIER ALTERNATIVES: HEALTHIER DESSERTS
- Does Frozen Yogurt Always Have It Over Ice Cream, Nutritionally Speaking? // Tufts University Health & Nutrition Letter;Jul99, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p8
Discusses the caloric and calcium content of frozen yogurt and ice cream. Difficulty in generalizing what frozen desserts contains more calcium and less calories; Advice in choosing frozen desserts; Nutritional content of several yogurt and ice cream brands.
- what are you eating? Condie, Todd // Cincinnati Magazine;Jun2004, Vol. 37 Issue 9, p183
The article presents desserts. The history of ice cream has come full circle. Today, creative Cincinnati, Ohio, chefs are proving that the two still deserve a place at the finest of tables. Many area chefs, such as Laszlo Molnar at "The Iron Skillet," have certain classic flavors (like French...
- Beyond Ice Cream: The Other Frozen Summer Treats. Aubertin, Amy // Environmental Nutrition;Aug2008, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p5
The article presents a comparison of frozen yogurts, sherbets and sorbets. It provides the ingredients of the three frozen delights as well as some advices on ice cream alternatives. A chart is also shown reflecting the nutritional contents of the selected samples of frozen yogurt, sherbets and...
- The Scoop on Frozen Desserts From Full-Fat to Fat-Free. Platzman, Andrea D. // Environmental Nutrition;Aug2000, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p5
Presents a chart comparing the nutrition value of frozen desserts, such as ice cream, yogurt, sorbets and sherbets.
- Frozen desserts. Liebman, Bonnie; Hurley, Jayne // Nutrition Action Health Letter;Jun98, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p13
Evaluates the nutritional aspects of fat-free and low-fat frozen desserts available in the United States market. Fat content of low-fat ice cream; Calorie content of ice cream; Caffeine content of selected brands of ice cream or frozen yogurt; List of ice cream brands with corresponding...
- Grab a Sweet, Cool Treat. Redmond, Cheryl // Natural Health;Jul2003, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p83
In hot weather, a frozen fruit bar or ice cream sandwich seems like the perfect light snack or dessert. However, many frozen novelties weigh one down with excessive amounts of sugar and saturated fat, and some contain artificial colors and flavors. There is a selection healthier treats, ones...
- WHERE FLAVOR VARIETY RULES: SULTRY SUMMER TREATS. Fiss, Mary // FoodService Director;6/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p66
Discusses the popularity of frozen dessert varieties in the U.S. Demand for ice cream in senior facilities; Addition of different flavors for frozen yogurts by the Colombo refreshment center at Allegheny General Hospital in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania; Plans of Miller to introduce Colombo's frozen...
- The scoop on unexpected ice cream in sweet and savory new flavors. Thorn, Bret // Nation's Restaurant News;9/3/2007, Vol. 41 Issue 35, p25
The article reports on the increased number of frozen dessert parlors opening in the United States. According to the author, gelato, frozen yogurt and ice cream businesses are opening in various cities of the U.S. The author also reports on the different ice cream flavors invented by operators...
- ICE CREAM WEIGHS IN. Beaudoin, Maria // Newsweek (Atlantic Edition);8/4/2003 (Atlantic Edition), Vol. 142 Issue 5, p56
Focuses on healthful alternatives to ice cream. Suggestions which include Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia frozen yogurt and HÃ¤agen-Daz's Vanilla Raspberry Swirl frozen yogurt.