- WHAT'S News. // Colgan Chronicles;2001, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p3
Presents news updates on the health aspect in the United States. Importance of soy protein in reducing blood levels of cholesterol; Benefits of milk and fruit juice to children's diet; Significance of regular exercise in reducing heart attack.
- AVALIAÃ‡ÃƒO FÃSICO-QUÃMICA DE FILÃ‰S DE PEITO DE FRANGO ADICIONADOS DE SAL, TRIPOLIFOSFATO DE SÃ“DIO E PROTEÃNA ISOLADA DE SOJA. Assis, Michel Tavares Quinteiro Milcent; Damian, Cesar; Olivo, Gisele; Magenis, Renata Bongiolo; Taha, Patrícia; Rotta, Jefferson; Gauche, Cony // Brazilian Journal of Food & Nutrition / Alimentos e NutriÃ§Ã£o;Jan2010, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p129
Fillet of chicken breast were added to brine containing different percentages of soy protein isolate (SPI), sodium tripolyphosphate (STPP) and salt (NaCl). The samples were used to evaluate the physicochemical characteristics of meat. In each one of the eight treatments, thirty fillets were...
- Oh Soy, Oh Boy! Strzelecki, Molly // Snack Food & Wholesale Bakery;Jul2003, Vol. 92 Issue 7, p41
Focuses on the health benefits of soy proteins. Increase in the protein content of traditionally high carbohydrate foods; Addition of soy proteins in products; Use of soy for bakery and snack foods.
- The skinny on soy protein. Bardic, Allison // National Provisioner;Feb2003, Vol. 217 Issue 2, p48
Focuses on the use of soy protein in processed foods in the U.S. Effectiveness of soy-rich diet in alleviating menopausal syndromes; Health benefits of integrating soy proteins on processed-meat products; Compound found in the protein responsible for the beneficial effects of the proteins.
- Breaded chicken. Sheehan, Patricia // Food Management;Jan2003, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p70
Food service operators can add flavor and profit to children's meals with Perdue Breaded Chicken Nuggets and Patties. They are available in a variety of shapes and sizes, and in a line of Child Nutrition Labeled items. The Nuggets and Patties are fully cooked and oven-and fryer-ready.
- Healthful attributes spur soy consumption. // Prepared Foods;Aug97, Vol. 166 Issue 9, p108
Reports that soy protein, once associated with 1970s `mystery meat,' is on the hot list of ingredients for its ability to contribute to two top food trends, that is, the continued quest for high-quality, lowfat foods and the burgeoning field of nutraceuticals. How soy ingredients enhances the...
- Soy to the world. Zind, Tom // Prepared Foods;Sep98, Vol. 167 Issue 9, p55
Reports that more food processors are touting the health benefits of soy isoflavones for their functional foods. Nutritional role of soy in food processing; Accenting isoflavones; Therapeutic use of phytochemicals. INSET: Consumers receptive to the presence of soy.
- New Products. Dornblaser, Lynn // Prepared Foods;Feb2001, Vol. 170 Issue 2, p10
Covers information on new products in the United States food industry as of February 2001. Mini Moo-Mou fromage frais from Sunfresh; Simply Tender Fresh Pork from Hatfield; Description of the soy protein bar from DrSoy.com.
- Mimicking Meat. Gallo-Torres, Julia M. // Prepared Foods;May2003, Vol. 172 Issue 5, p110
Discusses the importance of textured soy proteins (TSPs) in vegetarian foods. Presence of meat-like texture and mouthfeel in TSPs; Applications of TSPs; Dominance of soy-based meat alternatives in the market.