LOOKING UP: NEW F/S DIRECTIONS
- Food-Away-From-Home Sales at a Glance, 1988-98. // FoodReview;Sep-Dec99, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p26
Presents data on fast food sales in the United States from 1988 to 1998. Commercial food service; Noncommercial food service.
- Factors influencing the level of fast food consumption among adolescents in Muscat, Oman. Kharusi, Huda Hamood Mohammed Al-; Jahan, Firdous; Thomas, Reuel George; Muneer, Khadijatul Kubra; Khan, Husna Zara; Samuel, Thomas // Middle East Journal of Family Medicine;Sep2012, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p29
Objective: To determine the factors influencing the level of fast food consumption in the adolescent population in Oman. Background: The rising popularity of fast foods has led to a high intake among adolescents throughout the world. Economic and adolescent behavioral dietary patterns are just...
- Determinates That Influence Food Comsumption among Older Members of a Midwest Community. Pucciarelli, Deanna; Thomas, Adrienne // Food & Nutrition Sciences;Nov2011, Vol. 2 Issue 9, p1018
The goal of this study was to record Muncie, Indiana residents' change in eating habits over time. Objectives: 1) Identify key determinants that influence a change in participants' eating habits; 2) Analyze the data for convergent themes among participants and draw patterns; and 3) Compare...
- big gulp. // Vegetarian Times;Nov2002, Issue 303, p17
Advises consumers in the U.S. to reduce their consumption of large-sized fast foods such as soft drinks and snack foods. Costs of large-sized fast foods; Information on the amount of additional calories to some large-sized foods such popcorn.
- Marketing Bill Rose, While Farm Value Declined in 1997. Elitzak, Howard // FoodReview;Sep-Dec98, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p21
Reports on the effect of food spending on farm value and marketing bill. Correlation of farm value and marketing bill in food expenditures; Significance of labor costs to total consumer food expenditures; Implications on the labor productivity of food industry.
- Desire for Convenience Drives Marketing Costs. Elitzak, Howard // FoodReview;Sep-Dec99, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p23
Looks at the impact of the public desire for convenience foods on marketing costs in the United States in 1998. Why the cost of marketing farm foods has increased considerably; Influence of food labor on the total food marketing cost; Inputs that add to marketing costs.
- Cut to the future. Birks, Susan // Food Manufacture;Autumn2003 New Product Development, Vol. 78, p16
Discusses the increasing demand for meat cuts in Great Britain that can be conveniently cooked with less fat and inedible leftover parts. Improvement in the manner by which meat are cut or processed; Lesser demand for traditional meat cuts such as rump steak or pork chops; Convenience factor in...
- Brits step out of the kitchen. // MarketWatch: Food;August 2005, Vol. 4 Issue 8, p16
This article reports that Britons are continuing to abandon traditional sit down family meals in favor of snacks. However, even though consumers are increasing their snack consumption, choosing "pit-stop" dining and eating on-the-go, health concerns are still weighing on their minds. Research...
- Fast Food Consumption Pattern among Youth in Ogbomoso Metropolis of Oyo State, Nigeria. Titilola, Ogunniyi Laudia; Adebusola, Adepoju Adenike; Iyabo, Olagunju Funke; Yewande, Akinola Oluseyi // International Journal of Agricultural Management & Development;Sep2013, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p159
Fast food has become a prominent feature of diet and has grown into a dominant dietary pattern among youth worldwide. It is difficult to escape noticing the colourful edifice and bill boards of these food outlets, one is probably just around the corner of your street. Mr Biggs, Tastes Fried...