FOR CHILD NUTRITION PROGRAMS: Metz gets school-effort honor
- USDA offering secured loans for rural schools. // Inside Tucson Business;04/10/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p10
Reports that the United States Department of Agriculture is heading up the Rural Community Schools Rebuilding Program. Program to help rural school districts finance education and facility improvements.
- 'Be on the lookout for more beef on 1999 menus'. // FoodService Director;01/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p20
Focuses on announcements from the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) for an increase of beef dishes served in school district food services in 1999. Government's increased livestock purchases predicted as the outcome of the trend.
- Agriculture Department Awards $23.5 Million in Distance Learning Grants. // Electronic Education Report;10/10/2003, Vol. 10 Issue 19, p5
No abstract available.
- Radiated Beef in School Lunches. // District Administration;Aug2003, Vol. 39 Issue 8, p18
Reports on the approval of the U.S. Department of Agriculture to allow hamburgers and meat loaf to be treated with low doses of bacteria-destroying radiation. Discretion of school districts to buy irradiated ground beef; Sterilization of non-food products.
- NSLP ELIGIBILITY: USDA cracks down on school lunch prog. 'over-certification'. // FoodService Director;10/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p16
Focuses on the rules advanced by the U.S. Agriculture Department under which school districts will be required to file annual reports outlining their efforts to verify eligibility for free or reduced-price school meals. Percentage of children who are being certified for free or reduced-price...
- Texas district outsources food service operations. // American School & University Exclusive Insight;6/12/2012, p3
The article reports that the Bastrop school district in Texas is set to comply with the U.S. Department of Agriculture's nutritional guidelines by outsourcing its food service operations to Chartwells.
- Six school districts chosen to launch breakfast pilot. // Nation's Restaurant News;05/29/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 22, p19
Focuses on the United States Department of Agriculture's selection of six school districts to participate in an up-to-three-year study on the effects of eating breakfast on academic performance. Study called the School Breakfast Pilot Program; Chance for the schools to offer free breakfast to...
- USDA nixes soda in Florida schools. // FoodService Director;04/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p8
Reports that the request made by a Florida school district to serve sodas during lunch was not approved by the United States Department of Agriculture. How the Los Angeles Unified District increased participation in meals; Appeal made by foodservice director for Seminole County Public Schools...
- FOR A HEALTHIER U.S.: Bost outlines incentives for schools' nutritional efforts. // FoodService Director;5/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p16
Focuses on the financial incentives to be given by the U.S. Department of Agriculture to school districts that volunteer for demonstration projects designed to promote the keystones of the HealthierUS initiative of President George W. Bush. Four keystones of the HealthierUS initiative;...