ONLINE NUTRITION TRACKING: ADA lauds healthy eating index
- ADA cautions Congress not to end funding for NET program. // Nation's Restaurant News;06/22/98, Vol. 32 Issue 25, p23
Discusses American Dietetic Association's call for the US Congress not to stop funding for the Nutrition Education and Training program (NET) of the US Department of Agriculture that it says benefits the nation's schoolchildren. Features of the NET program; Budget legislation excluding funding...
- Is it time to go organic? // Fit Pregnancy;Fall 2005, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p49
Focuses on the significance of feeding organic foods to infants. Information on the organic farming standards established by the U.S. Department of Agriculture; Benefits of organic foods based on several studies; Stance of the agency and the American Dietetic Association on the advantages of...
- A meatless food pyramid. // Consumer Reports on Health;May98, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p10
Presents information on the American Dietetic Association making vegetarian revisions to the United States Department of Agriculture's Food Guide Pyramid. Changes made to the pyramid; Replacements made for meat; Indication that vegetarians should include regular sources of vitamin B-12;...
- `A one-size nutrition plan doesn't work.' // FoodService Director;2/15/98 Supplement, Vol. 11, p4S
Presents information on a report compiled by the American Dietetic Association, regarding the nutritional balance of individuals in the United States (U.S.). Findings of a nutritional survey conducted in the U.S.; Factors which influence the eating habits of Americans; Fears which persons have...
- Keeping your balance. Contreras, V. Wade // American Fitness;May/Jun96, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p12
Reports that the American Dietetic Association (ADA) endorses the fourth edition release of the `Dietary Guidelines for Americans.' Role in helping the public apply nutrition science to food choices; Suggested applications of the dietary guidelines; Contact information.
- Something eating you? Doheny, Kathleen // Shape;Sep98, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p32
Reports that citizens can call the American Dietetic Association's toll- free number to listen to food and nutrition messages. When citizens can call to gain knowledge on nutrition; Number to call for direct access to a dietitian.
- And the survey says... // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Oct96, Vol. 57 Issue 10, p26
Reports on the results of a survey conducted by the American Dietetic Association on the sources of nutrition information in the United States. Most valuable sources of nutrition information; Ranking of physical activity compared to nutrition.
- Eat Right with Color. // Chicago Citizen - South End Edition;3/16/2011, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p15
The article offers suggestions from the American Dietetic Association (ADA) that an easy way to focus on eating better is to comply with the 2011 theme of National Nutrition Month entitled "Eat Right with Color."
- March: National Nutrition Month. // Snack Food & Wholesale Bakery;Mar2007, Vol. 96 Issue 3, p48
The article reports on the American Dietetic Association's celebration of the National Nutrition Month in March 2007.