REFORMING CACFP: Congress targets child/adult foodservice program abuse
- Politics motivated Lugar to oppose Helms. Novak, Robert D. // Indianapolis Business Journal;10/06/97, Vol. 18 Issue 29, p3B
Opinion. Comments on why United States Senator Richard Lugar pushed for confirmation of William Weld as ambassador to Mexico. Fighting for control of the Senate's traditional foreign policy role; Reputation of Lugar as a politician; Background of Lugar's experience in US Congress.
- Is The Nunn-Roth Approach To The U.S. Role In NATO Sound? CON. // Congressional Digest;Aug/Sep84, Vol. 63 Issue 8/9, p213
Presents the text of the speech delivered by Senator Richard G. Lugar on the floor of the U.S. Senate during consideration of the proposed Nunn-Roth Amendment to the Omnibus Defense Authorizations Act for 1985.
- Smith, Lugar to chair ag panels. // Dairy Foods;Jan1997, Vol. 98 Issue 1, p16
Reports on the selection of Representative Bob Smith and Senator Richard Lugar to chair the House Agricultural Committee and the Senate Agricultural Committee, respectively, in the 105th US Congress. Agreement of Senator Patrick Leahy to take the ranking Democratic position on the Senate...
- For Lugar, primary defeat could be ticket to K Street. Joseph, Cameron // Hill;5/1/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 54, p4
The article reports on the expectation that U.S. Senator Dick Lugar will lose his bid for another term in the U.S. Congress on May 12, 2012, raising speculation that he might head to K Street to cap off his career in politics.
- A night to remember: Republicans make history. Hubbard, Allan B. // Indianapolis Business Journal;11/14/94, Vol. 15 Issue 33, Forefront. p4B
Reports on the victory of the Republican Party in Indiana during the 1994 congressional elections. Election of Senator Dick Lugar; Factors bringing about the victory; Congressional upsets.
- Dick the knife. Stanglin, Douglas; Cooperman, Alan // U.S. News & World Report;12/5/94, Vol. 117 Issue 22, p50
Reports that Indiana's Richard Lugar, incoming chairman of the Senate Agriculture Committee, will wield a sharp knife on farm legislation when it comes up in early 1995. What first draft of bill will include; Lugar's views on subsidy programs.
- Regulator thumped for refusing 1-year swaps rule delay. McConnell, Bill // American Banker;7/31/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 145, p22
Reports that Richard Lugar, Chairman of the Senate Agriculture Committee, has voiced his displeasure with a decision by the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) to the regulation of swaps. Basis of Lugar's dissatisfaction with the CFTC; Comments by Lugar before Brooksely Born, Chairwoman...
- Food Insufficiency and the Nutritional Status of the Elderly Population. Sahyoun, Nadine; Basiotis, P. Peter // Family Economics & Nutrition Review;2001, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p58
Focuses on a study which compared the nutritional status of food insufficient versus food sufficient people 65 years old of age and over in the U.S. Basis of the study; Discussion on the relationship between poverty and food insufficiency; Methodology and results of the study.
- Negative spin on senior nutrition misleading but helpful. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;01/13/97, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p19
Focuses on a study conducted by Ball State University professor Alice Spengler claiming that 34 percent of seniors in Indiana who participate in home-delivered meal program are at high nutritional risk. Implication that seniors in the state are more likely to suffer from malnutrition than their...