TO HELP PREPARE 250K MEALS: NY schools sign-up students
- Park West High School culinary program, grads saluted by IFSEA. // Nation's Restaurant News;7/10/95, Vol. 29 Issue 27, p78
Reports that the International Food Service Executives Association hosted a scholarship dinner at Park West High School to recognize the achievements of the school's culinary program and its graduates. Attendance of Jerry Berns of the `21' Club and Fred Sampson, executive vice president of the...
- 'Culinary College' gets A+ at NYC high school today. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;10/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p58
Focuses on the Culinary Arts program at the Park West High School in New York City. Increase in number of students majoring in the program; Improvement of student attendance; Bilingual culinary classes; Teaching of students about cooking techniques and nutrition; Installation of computers in...
- Metronome chef dishes up lessons at lecture series. Prewitt, Milford // Nation's Restaurant News;5/8/95, Vol. 29 Issue 19, p88
Reports on the lecture series conducted by chef Gabriel Di Martino of Metronome restaurant in Manhattan, New York City for Park West High School. Demonstration on how to prepare a variety of Italian dishes; Park West's culinary arts program.
- 31% see more promos in '97: Menu brand-counts rise. // FoodService Director;3/15/97 Supplement, Vol. 10, p1s
Reports on findings from `FoodService Director' periodical's study of menu-brand trends in the United States. Non-commercial operators' promotion of manufacturer brands daily and weekly; Increase in the number of food kiosks; Initiatives launched by soup marketers Campbell's and Stockpot; Taco...
- Breakfast cart revs up Marathon Oil Tower sales. // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p5
Comments on the impact of the introduction of breakfast carts on the sales made by the Marathon Oil Tower in Houston, Texas. Information on the operations of the cart; Details on the service offered by the carts; Reference to the affordability of the commodities offered; Factors which influence...
- CALENDAR. // FoodService Director;11/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p60
Presents a schedule of events for the food service industry in Canada and the U.S. from November 2004 to October 2005.
- New castle has food for kids, jobs for teens. Jabat, Kim // Food & Nutrition (00464384);Spring90, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p12
Reports on the Summer Food Service Program in New Castle, Delaware. Sponsors of the program; Purpose of the program; Benefits generated by kids from the program.
- Costly cup of coffee stirs legal question. Marshall, Anthony // Hotel & Motel Management;7/5/95, Vol. 210 Issue 12, p13
Focuses on the legal implications of serving hot foods too hot. Payment of settlement claims for third degree burns suffered by McDonald's customers due to coffee scalds; Use of warning on containers to inform customers; Regulation of temperature of food being served.
- Einstein unveils intelligent bagels in Massapequa. McCollough, Kathy // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);7/29/96, Vol. 43 Issue 31, p47
Presents an update on food service industry in Long Island, New York as of July 29, 1996. Opening of the second LI unit of Einstein Bros Bagels, a division of retailer Liberty Foods, in Massapequa; Staging of Summerfest '96 by Sayville's Chamber of Commerce.