PRINCIPAL'S OBJECTIVE: Duval schools teaching dining etiquette classes
- Mind Your Manners! Egan, Elisabeth // Self;Dec99, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p68
Narrates the author's experience when she attended a dining etiquette class for adults. What the class atmosphere was like; What to do when introducing oneself to a stranger; How to arrange dinner utensils. INSET: Test Your Etiquette I.Q..
- mind your manners. Johnson, Traci Paige // Kiwi;Oct/Nov2014, p26
The article offers tips to parents on teaching table manners to their children, including discussing the importance of table manners with the children, using the game charades to educate children about table manners and using incentives to reward good behavior during mealtimes.
- MIND YOUR MANNERS. SMITH, KRISTA // Vanity Fair;Mar2013, Issue 631, p170
The article offers information on the Beverly Hills Manners, a decorum school located in Beverly Hills, California founded by Lisa GachÃ© that offers private coaching classes on children's table manners and red carpet protocol.
- Emily Postmodern. Smith, Ethan // New York;04/03/2000, Vol. 33 Issue 13, p15
Provides information on a dining etiquette seminar for business executives in New York. Rules on the use of cellular phones in business dinners; Purpose of the dining etiquette course; Cost of the seminar.
- Crusader for Couth. Demarest, Michael; Banta, Ken // Time;12/21/1981, Vol. 118 Issue 26, p95
The article highlights the dining etiquette courses offered by Marjabelle Stewart in the U.S. Operations Manager Fred Combs states that the White Gloves class, which opens in September has been successful. Meanwhile, the hotel etiquette sessions at Ritz-Carlton has been designed to acquaint...
- Cheers & jeers. // Food Management;Feb2000, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p13
Comments on issues concerning the United States food service industry as of February 2000. Proper table etiquette being taught by Antoinette McGroarty, communications manager for Aramark & Duval County Public Schools in California; Texas Judge Joe Fish's order that the US Department of...
- 'Etiquette Dinner' teaches dining tips. // FoodService Director;11/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p8
Describes the dining etiquette course that is being presented by the campus dining and career development departments at Loyola Marymount University in Los Angeles, California. Aspects of the Etiquette Dinner course in the campus' formal dining room; Aim to teach students on how to dine...
- CAL STATE, UC-BERKELEY: College dining facilities act as forum to etiquette classes. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;10/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p36
Deals with the etiquette classes offered by university dining services departments in California. Information on the etiquette classes offered by the California State Polytechnic University in Pomona; Errors commonly done during etiquette dinners; Description of the etiquette program at the...
- SERVICE LEARNING at Your Service. Melchior, Alan // Education Digest;Oct2000, Vol. 66 Issue 2, p26
Focuses on school-based service learning in the United States. Information on its applications in achieving critical school and community goals; Examples of service-learning strategies; Affordability of service-learning; Impact of the efforts on the community.