IN DAVIS CTY. DISTRICT: Cook-chill betters Utah school menu
- IN HIGH SCHOOL, JUNIOR HIGH: Othello School District eyes `budget branding'. // FoodService Director;05/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p8
Reports on the installation of theme foodcourts at Othello School District's high schools in Washington State. Concepts of the foodcourts in the schools; Percent gain in snack sales.
- Food, Design Draw Students. // FoodService Director;10/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p6
This article reports on the opening of a food court at Grassfield High School in the Chesapeake School District in Virginia. The food court, which will be named this semester through a student competition that is designed to give the students some ownership, offers eight stations, whose names...
- UNANNOUNCED CHECK-UPS: Florida school district audits cafeterias. // FoodService Director;03/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p16
Reports on the implementation of a Five Star Quality and Performance Review by the Brevard County School District in Florida its school cafeterias. Explanation from Dawn Houser, food service director of the district; Scope of the review; What made the program successful; Benefits of the program.
- 2000 RESULTS: School food & equip. spending on the rise. // FoodService Director;6/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p51
Presents the results of the 2001 School Industry Census Report of 'FoodService Director' magazine regarding school food service business in the U.S. Food and equipment purchases; Commodity purchases; Number of school districts involved with contractors.
- IN LAS VEGAS, FOOD'S PREPPED, CHILLED AND REHEATED: H. SCHOOLS DISH UP ELEM. MEALS. // FoodService Director;01/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p6
Reports on the food service program at Cark City School District in Las Vegas, Nevada. Benefits of the Dish Up program; How the meals are prepared.
- PART OF LONG-TERM PLAN: Fla. school co-op adds 6 dists. // FoodService Director;04/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p1
Reports that several North Central Florida school districts have joined a food purchasing cooperative created by the food service departments of Alachua and Putnam County school districts. Why the districts join the cooperative; Activities of the cooperative.
- FOR 22,000 SCHOOL LUNCHES: Central kitchen doubles capacity in Santa Ana. // FoodService Director;06/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p6
Reports that the Santa Ana School District in Orange County, California, opened a central kitchen in January 2000 to double its production space. Value of the project; Challenges met during the construction of the central kitchen; Remarks from its food service director, Carol Godfrey.
- Cornish school meals service back in-house. Walker, Ben // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;6/26/2003, Vol. 192 Issue 4279, p8
Reports the return of in-house school meal services at the school district in Cornwall County, England. Estimates on the amount of the deal won by the county council's Commercial Services; Schedule of the contract's execution; Reason behind the awarding of the contract to Commercial Services.
- WHERE IMAGE SPELLS R-E-S-P-E-C-T. Schuster, Karolyn // Food Management;Mar2001, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p42
Focuses on a community outreach program by the foodservice department of the school district in Volusia County, Florida. Growth strategies by School Way Cafe director Christine Farneti; Involvement of chefs in the schools; Foray into culinary competitions; School district's commitment to a...