GOURMET PEANUT BUTTER DONATED: Gift helps Oakland center expand its snack offerings
- Sequestration and Education: Frequently Asked Questions. KLEIN, ALYSON // Education Week;3/6/2013, Vol. 32 Issue 23, p21
Answers are provided to several questions related to the U.S. automatic government spending cuts known as sequestration implemented on March 1, 2013, focusing on their impact on U.S. school district financing, the Head Start childhood education program, and job security in the education sector.
- A Capstone on Her Career. Goldman, Jay P. // School Administrator;Oct2005, Vol. 62 Issue 9, p59
Discusses the efforts of Joan Raymond, school superintendent in South Bend, Indiana, to solve the problems facing the school district. Plans formulated by Raymond to improve student academics; Value of federal money secured by Raymond to develop a head start program for the district; Personal...
- DISTRICTS. // Education Week;1/16/1991, Vol. 10 Issue 17, p2
The article presents news briefs related to education in the U.S. The parents of Head Start students in Chicago are trying to convince the board of education to drop the Head Start program from the schools. The schools principals of New York City have been ordered by chancellor Joseph A....
- Early Intervention. Fratt, Lisa // District Administration;Sep2005, Vol. 41 Issue 9, p47
Discusses some of the strategies used by school districts in the United States to identify students' learning disabilities and enhance instruction in preschool. Pre-school teachers' reliance on assessment to drive instruction and plan activities; Importance of identifying the specific learning...
- School board contemplates expanded Pre-K program. Malcomb, Jamey // Learning Matters;11/18/2015, p1
The article provides information on discussions by the Lake Superior School District Board in Minnesota on an expansion to their preschool and Headstart programs. Topics include the investment pledge from Minnesota Governor Mark Dayton and the location scouting in Two Harbors and Minnehaha. Also...
- Head Start community recruiting. // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);2/27/2013, Vol. 110 Issue 47, p3B
The article announces that Head Start and Early Head Start will be recruiting children for the 2013-2014 school year.
- Head Start expands services to gifted... Karnes, M.B.; Johnson, L.J. // Children Today;Nov/Dec87, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p27
Stories about a clever fox, an inventive pig and a careful judge encourage Head Start children to think and reason in new ways.
- Involving adolescents in Head Start. Wardle, F. // Children Today;Mar/Apr88, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p14
In Adams County, Colo., high school students provide enthusiastic and willing assistance in Head Start classrooms and, in return, learn new skills and explore career possibilities.
- Serving refugee children and families in Head Start. Broughton, C. // Children Today;Sep/Oct89, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p6
Shares the experiences and knowledge of the staff of the Spokane County Head Start Program in dealing with the unique needs of refugee families and children.