ANNOUNCES NEW PARTNERSHIPS: ADA takes aim at reimbursement
- DELEGATE'S REPORT. Klinkner, Karen // Digest (South Dakota Dietetic Association);2009, p2
The article offers updates related to the developments of the American Dietetic Association (ADA) in 2009. The Fall ADA House of Delegate meeting is set in Denver, Colorado from October 16-17, 2009, focusing on health reform and usage of evidenced based care. The deadline for the submission of...
- Position of the American Dietetic Association, American Society for Nutrition, and Society for Nutrition Education: Food and Nutrition Programs for Community-Residing Older Adults. Kamp, Barbara J.; Wellman, Nancy S.; Russell, Carlene // Journal of Nutrition Education & Behavior;Mar/Apr2010, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p72
Given the federal cost-containment policy to rebalance long-term care away from nursing homes to home- and community-based services, it is the position of the American Dietetic Association, the American Society for Nutrition, and the Society for Nutrition Education that all older adults should...
- `A one-size nutrition plan doesn't work.' // FoodService Director;2/15/98 Supplement, Vol. 11, p4S
Presents information on a report compiled by the American Dietetic Association, regarding the nutritional balance of individuals in the United States (U.S.). Findings of a nutritional survey conducted in the U.S.; Factors which influence the eating habits of Americans; Fears which persons have...
- Is it healthy to be a vegetarian? // Current Health 2;Sep2002, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p5
Presents answers to the question about the health aspect of being a vegetarian. Opinion of American Dietetic Association; Sources of protein, iron and calcium; Importance of well planned vegetarian diet.
- For a dietitian near you.... // Environmental Nutrition;May93, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p7
Provides information on the American Dietetic Association's (ADA) service of giving free referrals to registered dietitians. Dietitian charge rates; Dietitians with special expertise; Toll-free number.
- Keeping your balance. Contreras, V. Wade // American Fitness;May/Jun96, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p12
Reports that the American Dietetic Association (ADA) endorses the fourth edition release of the `Dietary Guidelines for Americans.' Role in helping the public apply nutrition science to food choices; Suggested applications of the dietary guidelines; Contact information.
- When a burly police officer meets a dietitian... // Tufts University Diet & Nutrition Letter;Sep94, Vol. 12 Issue 7, Special Supplement p1
Profiles five people who were helped by the American Dietetic Association regarding their diet. Mark Kaspar, 42-year old police officer; Peggy Early, 63-year old mother of six; Rella Lara, 38-year old secretary; George Bunca, 29-year old rollerblader; Andrea Krug, 14-year old.
- American Dietetic Association calling for proposals. // Nation's Health;Oct95, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p11
Announces that the American Dietetic Association is calling for proposals for educational sessions and workshops for its October 1996 annual meeting.
- Online fare. Morrow, Shelly // Arthritis Today;Sep/Oct97, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p52
Suggests the use of the World Wide Web site of the American Dietetic Association, www.eatright.org. Purpose of the site;