WITH VIDEOCONFERENCES, CHATS: HFM goes high-tech for training
- Food Protection Management Training Course Available to Food Service Establishments. // Munday Courier (TX);5/ 3/2012, Vol. 35 Issue 18, p4
The article reports on the two-day Food Protection Management training for food service managers to be held at the Taylor County Extension Office located in Taylor County Expo grounds in Abilene, Texas on May 21-22, 2012.
- Food Protection Management course offered. // Munday Courier (TX);6/ 7/2012, Vol. 35 Issue 23, p3
The article provides information on a two-day food protection management training for food service managers to be held at the Taylor Country Extension Office, Texas on July 9, 2012 and July 16, 2012
- Lead employees to learning. Schuster, Karolyn; Molaro, Audrey // Food Management;Dec99, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p17
Suggests ways to motivate food service employees to seek out training and educational opportunities. Hiring of self-motivated employees; Spread of popularity of a course through word of mouth; Opening of career advancement opportunities; Networking among employees.
- Chapter Three: Training. Quinlan, Kathryn A. // Food Service Manager;1999, p24
This chapter describes the training needed to become a food service manager. Many people prepare for food service management by working in restaurants or other food service settings. Training usually comes on the job at chain restaurants and food service companies. Community colleges and...
- New software makes training easier: Computerizing HACCP. Grossbauer, Sue // FoodService Director;1/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p138
Deals with HACCP computer software packages used in training foodservice employees. Interactive teaching program; Graphing flow charts of foods prepared in the operation. INSETS: How they work together: HACCP and cook-chill.;Where to find them: HACCP software packages..
- It's All in the Cards. Raphael, Todd // Workforce;Sep2002, Vol. 81 Issue 9, p18
Deals with the success of the business operations of Ruth's Chris Steak House, attributed to its direct employee-training system using information cards. Features of the cards; Advantage of the system; Impact of the card system on employee turnover.
- Chains can manage to keep emerging leaders happy with training focus on personal growth. // Nation's Restaurant News;7/29/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 30, p19
Editorial. Focuses on the importance of personnel training in the foodservice industry. Increment of competition for quality workers; Enhancement of leadership skills; Motivation of foodservice workers.
- CONTINUING EDUCATION. // Equipment Solutions;Sep2005, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p8
Provides information on the Culinary Center of Alto Shaam in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin. Challenges faced by food service operators; Participation of Alto Shaam corporate chefs in the training; Information on the training sessions offered in the center.
- UCSB's new recruitment tool. // Food Management;Aug99, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p13
Features the partnership between the University of California--Santa Barbara (UCSB) and the Four Seasons Hotel in Santa Barbara, California. Goal of Four Seasons general manager John Indrieri to adopt a local university as part of a company wide business-to business partnership program;...