TWO-CHANNEL STRATEGY: SCHWAN'S SELLS PIZZA, SUB BRANDS TO ORION FOOD SYS
- Schwan's Food Service. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;06/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p64
Highlights the food concepts introduced by Schwan's Food Systems in the United States. Historical background of the company; Introduction of the concepts such as Stone Willy's pizza and Asian Creations; Contributions made by Schwan's Food's Vice President John Drown; Process of entering a...
- Orion food to offer branded concepts to U.S. military. // Nation's Restaurant News;01/04/99, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p17
Reports that Orion Food Systems signed a deal to offer its nine branded concepts to United States Army and Navy bases around the world. Information on the deal, called Basic Operating Agreement; Comments from Steve Leipsner, Orion's executive vice president; Branded concepts in Orion's portfolio.
- The last word. Cobe, Patricia // Restaurant Business;Mar2009, Vol. 108 Issue 3, pFSB3
An interview with a panel of dessert experts is presented. According to Sue Bietsch of Sara Lee Foodservice, comfort with a twist is one of the trends that they are following for product development. Howard Rush of Sweet Lilly Desserts says a custom look is key to a successful dessert menu. When...
- Orion sets sights on becoming nontraditional star. Prewitt, Milford // Nation's Restaurant News;09/15/97, Vol. 31 Issue 37, p4
Features multiconcept restaurant franchising company Orion Food Systems. Company background; Company's policy regarding alternative locations for its stores and co-branding with food retailers; Brand management policy; Relationship with franchisees; Franchising policies.
- Orion challenges Taco Bell. // National Petroleum News;Mar98, Vol. 90 Issue 3, p28
Reports on the launching of Orion Food System's multi-phased national campaign designed to increase traffic and induce customer trial. Theme of the promotional effort.
- How many times has it been more convenient to pick up a prepared meal on the way home from... // National Petroleum News;Jul96, Vol. 88 Issue 7, p9
Reports on the development of a line of prepared foods by Orion Food Systems. Recognition by the company of the increase in the consumption of such foods; Impact of the trend on the operations of convenience stores.
- Local hero. Alva, Marilyn; Klara, Robert // Restaurant Business;04/15/97, Vol. 96 Issue 8, p31
Reports on Orion Food Systems' opening of a theme restaurant concept called Hometown Heroes. Description of first restaurant to open in Evansville, Indiana; Menu offerings.
- Schwan's unveils global promotion. // Precision Marketing;9/27/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p5
Reports that Schwan's, Great Britain's biggest frozen pizza company, is unveiling its largest sales promotion ever.
- Schwan's Rolls Out New School Program. // Food Management;Aug2011, Vol. 46 Issue 8, p50
The article mentions the LiveSmart Schools product portfolio of Schwan's Food Service Inc.