TO STUDY LEARNING LINK: USDA NAMES B'FAST PILOT SITES
- FOR A HEALTHIER U.S.: Bost outlines incentives for schools' nutritional efforts. // FoodService Director;5/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p16
Focuses on the financial incentives to be given by the U.S. Department of Agriculture to school districts that volunteer for demonstration projects designed to promote the keystones of the HealthierUS initiative of President George W. Bush. Four keystones of the HealthierUS initiative;...
- New Nutrition and Physical Activity Challenges for Schools. Fort, Julie Stauss // School Business Affairs;Sep2005, Vol. 71 Issue 8, p28
Presents information on the local wellness policy being required to school district participants in the National School Lunch and School Breakfast Programs in the U.S. Requirement of the Child Nutrition and WIC Reauthorization Act for the wellness policy; Components of a wellness policy,...
- USDA offering secured loans for rural schools. // Inside Tucson Business;04/10/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p10
Reports that the United States Department of Agriculture is heading up the Rural Community Schools Rebuilding Program. Program to help rural school districts finance education and facility improvements.
- 'Be on the lookout for more beef on 1999 menus'. // FoodService Director;01/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p20
Focuses on announcements from the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) for an increase of beef dishes served in school district food services in 1999. Government's increased livestock purchases predicted as the outcome of the trend.
- Bad Times Spawn Good Eating Habits. Miners, Zach // District Administration;Mar2009, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p10
The article discusses how economic difficulties have led to increased participation in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP). The author suggests that due to health requirements for school food service, students in the NSLP are eating healthier. Despite rising reimbursements for free and...
- A Schoolwide Gold of Distinction Celebration in Kelliher. // Learning Matters;12/3/2015, p1
The article highlights the strategies used by Kelliher School District in Minnesota that resulted to its winning the Gold Distinction award from the U.S. Department of Agriculture's (USDA) Healthier U.S. School Challenge. The steps taken by Kelliher are the development of competition between...
- Agriculture Department Awards $23.5 Million in Distance Learning Grants. // Electronic Education Report;10/10/2003, Vol. 10 Issue 19, p5
No abstract available.
- Radiated Beef in School Lunches. // District Administration;Aug2003, Vol. 39 Issue 8, p18
Reports on the approval of the U.S. Department of Agriculture to allow hamburgers and meat loaf to be treated with low doses of bacteria-destroying radiation. Discretion of school districts to buy irradiated ground beef; Sterilization of non-food products.
- NSLP ELIGIBILITY: USDA cracks down on school lunch prog. 'over-certification'. // FoodService Director;10/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p16
Focuses on the rules advanced by the U.S. Agriculture Department under which school districts will be required to file annual reports outlining their efforts to verify eligibility for free or reduced-price school meals. Percentage of children who are being certified for free or reduced-price...