Stimulate fresh ideas -- or how the Post-it was born
- Staffing system gives 3M growth and stability. // Personnel Journal;Jan95, Vol. 74 Issue 1, p80
Focuses on Minnesota Mining and Manufacturing (3M) Co.'s staffing system called Designated Requisition System. How the system works; Benefits of the system to the company; Selection as recipient of `Personnel Journal' magazine's 1995 Optimas Awards.
- 3M's staffing strategy promotes productivity and pride. Anfuso, Dawn // Personnel Journal;Feb95, Vol. 74 Issue 2, p28
Focuses on the personnel management strategy of the Minnesota Mining and Manufacturing Co. (3M). Employee satisfaction; Turnover rate; Promote-from-within culture; Corporate values; Difficult staffing challenges in the early 1980s; Unassigned list to help workers whose jobs have been eliminated;...
- Developing a corporate culture for the maximum balance between the utilization of human resources... Lidstad, Richard // Canada-United States Law Journal;1996, Vol. 22, p157
Focuses on Minnesota Mining and Manufacturing Co.'s (3M) efforts to develop a corporate culture that promotes a balance between utilization of human resources and employee fulfillment. Background on 3M's corporate reorganization; Company's efforts to maintain and enhance a climate that...
- ALIGNING THE IT HUMAN RESOURCE WITH BUSINESS VISION: THE LEADERSHIP INITIATIVE AT 3M. Zmud, Robert // MIS Quarterly;Jun2000, Vol. 24 Issue 2, Preceding p197
The article discusses the paper "Aligning the IT Human Resource with Business Vision: The Leadership Initiative at 3M," by Robert Roepke, Ritu Agarwal, and Thomas W. Ferratt.
- Perk life. // Management Today;Oct99, p27
Reports on 3M's effort to foster an innovative culture by allowing research staff to spend up to 15 percent of their time not working.
- Profession must take the initiative on CSR. Wigham, Ross // Personnel Today;3/18/2003, p1
Reports on the need for human resource to expand its role to drive corporate social responsibility (CSR) to meet the future expectations of staff, customers and shareholders. Performance index set up by Business in the Community; Role of human resource in CSR values of 3M Co.
- An Agreement, a Disagreement and an Added Risk. Ruse, Don // People & Strategy;2009, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p7
The article offers the author's views on the article "A Supply Chain Model for Talent Management" which is by Peter Cappelli and in this issue. The author discusses the concepts of portfolio management and market segmentation which have been used by Corning Inc. and 3M company to reach their...
- LEADERSHIP TRANSITION AT 3M. Schultz, Patrick L.; Vitton, John; Helleloid, Duane // Journal of Critical Incidents;Oct2009, Vol. 2, p50
The critical incident describes the time in mid-2005 when 3M faced the challenge of replacing W. James McNerney, Jr., who left at the end of June to take the Chairman and CEO position at Boeing. McNerney came to 3M from General Electric in 2001 as the first outsider at the top position in the...
- ALIGNING THE IT HUMAN RESOURCE WITH BUSINESS VISION: THE LEADERSHIP INITIATIVE AT 3M. Roepke, Robert; Agarwal, Ritu; Ferratt, Thomas W. // MIS Quarterly;Jun2000, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p327
Increasingly, business leaders are demanding that IT play the role of a business partner and a strategic enabler. In such an environment, IT human capital has assumed considerable significance. Insightful IT leaders recognize that the greatest impediments to success are often related to people...