â€¦gain employee insight
- Team work -- tips on matching up the right players. Gray, Andi // Fairfield County Business Journal;10/15/2007, Vol. 46 Issue 42, p8
The article cites the author's tips on matching up the right employees. One is to understand the employees so one can make good assignments. Understanding what the project requires is also pointed out by the author so one select the right people. Another is to follow up and make changes if...
- How toâ€¦ implement flexible working practices. Patel, Anisha // Personnel Today;12/4/2007, p27
The article provides some suggestions for implementing flextime practice in offices. Some of the suggestions include consulting with staff about flexible working programs through an employee survey and implementing a performance management system for employees who choose to adopt the practice of...
- How to ensure a team game. // BRW;10/6/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 39, p64
Focuses on how to pull a group of diverse individuals together to work as a team. Barriers preventing cooperation in a work environment; Answers in breaking the barriers of teamwork; Tactics use by effective managers to ensure team collaboration.
- A matter of trust. // Managing People at Work;11/15/2016, Vol. 3 Issue 22, p3
The article discusses trust-building with employees on matters of leadership, the organization, and its mission. Topics covered include such questions as whether employees own their mistakes and feel safe in the organization, and whether the team speaks freely on their workplace challenges when...
- YOU, TOO, CAN HELP YOUR GROUP! O'Rourke, Paul // Training & Development Journal;Mar1970, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p40
Presents a checklist for effective group participation in management. Violation of management principles; Group ownership of ideas; Group success over individual achievement.
- Self-managed teams: Some operational difficulties. Buckenmeyer, James A. // Industrial Management;Sep/Oct96, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p10
Discusses the advantages of team work, with specific reference to the experience of Mack Manufacturing Company, which has been using self-managed teams for a number of years. Mack's organizational structure; Functions performed by team leaders; How the fact that operational problems are not...
- Building teamwork. Perlson, Michael R. // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;11/24/97, Vol. 11 Issue 24, p16
Focuses on the important elements of teamwork building. Common goal; Regular meeting to solve problems; Challenges of building teams; Right environment for the teams to develop; Teaching the rules of the game; Celebration of victories and achievements.
- Engage groups to prosper. // Managing People at Work;Jun2011, Issue 351, p8
The article offers ways on how to engage a team in creating a structured mechanisms to share thoughts and produce output from employee participants which include imposing structure without stifling creativity and ensuring that the speaker commands the audience's full attention in the U.S.
- The horizontal company. BuxBaum, Peter A. // Transportation & Distribution;Jun95, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p82
Suggests that teamwork is important if companies are to achieve a sense of self-direction, following a downsizing. Teams' effect on lower level workers' involvement and self management; Need for outside facilitators and trainers in the transition from a vertical to team based structure;...