How I made a difference at work
- Q&A. // Business Today;6/29/2008, Vol. 17 Issue 13, p20
The article presents an interview with Aubrey C. Daniels, an expert on human behaviour and author of several books on the subject. He points out that companies does not fully understand human behaviour. He explains the role that culture plays in determining behavioural traits at work and how...
- Secrets of Successful Interviewing. Friedman, Nancy // Podiatry Management;Feb2007, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p215
The article provides information on behavior-based interviewing. Using questions about past behaviors, behavior-based interviewing is effective because past behavior is the best indicator of how a person will behave in the future. A brief comparison between behavior-based interviewing and...
- HARD MEASUREMENTS FOR soft science. Mathis, Terry L. // Industrial Engineer: IE;May2009, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p32
The article focuses on measuring behaviors through observation in the workplace. It claims measuring behaviors through this means may provide a more accurate measurement of workplace safety. The most commonly used worksheets in behavior-based safety have less than 40 generic behaviors on them....
- Predict employees' behaviour, not just monitor it. // People Management;Jun2015, p53
The article discusses the use of technology to predict employee behaviour, with a particular focus on fraud prevention and employee retention.
- Doling out DISCIPLINE: How to handle incident repeaters. Dell'Isola, Anthony // Industrial Safety & Hygiene News;Feb2002, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p38
Presents tips for managing workers who commonly violate workplace safety programs. Creation of a policy governing the activities and conduct of employees; Disciplinary measures; Recording of incidents.
- Build Safety By Building Personal Accountability. Hoover, Timothy J. // Professional Safety;Dec99, Vol. 44 Issue 12, p12
Discusses factors that lead to a successful and effective safety effort in an industrial setting. Proof that priorities set by management do not always match those of employees; Importance of employee involvement in the success of a safety effort; Other tips in designing and implementing an...
- The soul of safety. Forck, Matt // Industrial Safety & Hygiene News;Feb2003, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p54
Discusses the aspects of occupational safety. Categories of safety; Complexities in evaluating the safety concerns of a worker; Elements needed in a safety program.
- Health and safety at work. // Accountancy;Oct88, Vol. 102 Issue 1142, p53
Reports on regulations that extend to trainees the full protection of the Health and Safety at Work Act of 1974 in Great Britain.
- IN BRIEF. // Occupational Health;Jul2010, Vol. 62 Issue 7, p6
This section offers news briefs related to human resources in Great Britain, including the fine imposed on Genaro Saiano and Dejan Durkin, directors of DG Bakery of Bedford, England, for a series of health and safety violations which exposed staff to serious danger.