British Gas trebles its number of apprentices
- British Gas to tutor 11,000 in wireless. // IT Training;Nov2003, p6
No abstract available.
- British Gas to triple number of apprentices. // Utility Week;9/26/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 19, p7
The article reports on the plans of British Gas to triple the number of apprentice gas engineers it will recruit over the next three years. The drive is part of a 40 million investment in the company's Engineering Academy training centres, under which two new centres in Leicester and Scotland...
- British Gas to train 500 apprentices. // Professional Engineering;6/28/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p12
The article reports that British Gas will train employ 500 apprentices in 2006 and open a training center worth Â£2 million. Director of British Gas' Engineering Academy Rod Kenyon explains the apprenticeship training program of the company. Meanwhile, British Gas has won the large employer of...
- The Geospatial Workforce Shortage. DiSera, Dave // Transmission & Distribution World;Mar2011, Vol. 63 Issue 3, p22
The article reports that the advanced geospatial industry is in need of severe workforce which will take advantage of new geospatial job opportunities in the U.S. It mentions that electric utilities can ramp their recruting efforts by having a geospatial competency level, which can use...
- British Gas in trials of new 3-D course. // IT Training;Jun2003, p5
British Gas PLC is piloting a computer-based training package designed to train its engineers on all aspects of their work, from initial contact with customers to servicing boilers. The course which uses 3 dimensional graphics technology from videogaming could become a standard feature of...
- Labour pledges training push. Milne, Roger // Utility Week;5/6/2005, Vol. 23 Issue 15, p5
Reports on the plan of British Gas to recruit several employees in 2005. Number of the recruits that will be brought in under the apprenticeship of the firm; Annual spending of the firm on recruitment and training; Views of managing director Mark Clarke on the plan.
- Delivering skills for utilities. // Utility Week;6/11/2004, Vol. 21 Issue 23, p31
Focuses on the Energy & Utility Skills, a sector skills council for the energy and utility industry in Great Britain. History of the recruitment, training and development of apprentices in the sector; Number of service trainees recruited by British Gas per year; Impact of the monopolies'...
- In the pipeline. Honore, Carl // Latin Trade (English);Feb98, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p12
Reports on British Gas' intention to expand into the Latin American market. Plans to build a pipeline in 1998 that will carry natural gas from Bolivia to Brazil; Plans to dig three exploratory wells in Argentina to search for natural gas.
- British Gas. // Marketing (00253650);8/1/2002, p15
Features the British Gas Corp., an energy provider. Company operations; Marketing strategies; Revenues.