Going With the Flow
- December Captures Greatest Monthly Sales in Sporting Goods Stores. // NSGA Athletic Footwear News;4/1/2010, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p2
The article reports that December 2009 accounted for 13.3 percent of total sales of sporting good stores in the U.S. in 2009, according to the Monthly Retail Trade Survey.
- Monthly Retail Trade Report: January Sporting Goods Store Sales Flat. // NSGA Athletic Footwear News;4/1/2010, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p2
The article reports that sales in sporting goods stores in the U.S. in January 2010 were flat, according to the Monthly Retail Trade Survey.
- THE EVERYTHING GUIDE TO: Urban Surfing. French, Alex // New York;9/19/2011, Vol. 44 Issue 29, p62
The article discusses the growing popularity of surfing among New York City's residents, and provides a directory of surf shops in the city, complete with a brief description of products and services sold. It cites various competitions along various New York beaches, and states that September is...
- Weekly Internet Poll. // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);8/16/2006, Vol. 103 Issue 18, p12
The article focuses on an online survey on whether the Cabela's sporting goods store in Texas is living up to its publicity.
- Kimmel opens outlet in Cd'A, its third store. McLean, Mike // Journal of Business (10756124);11/8/2007, Vol. 22 Issue 23, pA6
The article reports that sports equipment supplier, Kimmel Athletic Supply Co., has opened a retail store in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho. According to the author, the store will be Kimmel's third outlet and will be located in a 2,600-square-foot space in a multitenant retail building at the northwest...
- Tough Lessons. Powell, Matt // SGB;Oct2006, Vol. 39 Issue 10, p6
The article offers a look at the Back-To-School season in the sporting goods industry in 2006. According to the author, sales were strongest in full-line sporting goods stores in the Pacific and Mountain regions and weakest in New England. Nike dominated the overall top-seller list. Under...
- Communication Breakdown. Ryan, Thomas J. // SGB;Sep2007, Vol. 40 Issue 9, p12
The article discusses the relationship between retailers and suppliers in the sporting goods industry. Based on an informal survey, it is said that the quality of vendor representatives and difficulties with shipping are the two largest sources of frustration for retailers. Several retailers are...
- Home field advantage. Reagin, Misty Milioto // Shopping Centers Today;Sep2010, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p26
The article profiles Olympia Sports Co. Inc., a sporting-goods and athletics wear chain based in Westbrook, Maine. It notes that the company operates nearly 200 stores across New England. It began in 1975 and was known as a store that sold mostly footwear. In addition, the company manages to...
- Browning. Breen, Tracy // Archery Business;Jul/Aug2008, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p9
The article presents information on Browning Arms, an archery supplies and equipment retail store in the U.S. Information is given on the foundation and business operation of the sporting goods store. The features and prices of several archery supplies and equipment marketed by the store are...