- It's High Tide for Surfboard Makers Rushing to Fill Clark Foam's Void. Allen, Mike // San Diego Business Journal;6/16/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 24, p26
The article reports on the implications of the plant shutdown of Clark Foam, an international maker of polyurethane blanks that make up the core of surfboards, for the surfboard making industry in San Diego, California. When Clark terminated its operations at Laguna Niguel in 2005, it initiated...
- BLANK MONDAY. Finnegan, William // New Yorker;8/21/2006, Vol. 82 Issue 25, p36
This article reports that in December 2005 Gordon "Grubby" Clark, the foremost manufacturer of the lightweight alabaster core, the key component in the making of surfboards, abruptly ceased operation. The move threw the surfing world into an uproar as Clark was by far the largest maker of blank...
- The Editor's Desk. Meacham, Jon // Newsweek;9/29/2008, Vol. 152 Issue 13, p4
The article serves as an introduction to the September 29, 2008 issue of "Newsweek" magazine.
- The insolvency White Paper - implications. // Accountancy;Apr1984, Vol. 95 Issue 1088, p14
Reports on the findings and proposals of the Cork Committee report. Proposal for the introduction of administrator procedure for companies in financial difficulties; Responsibilities of liability for the debts of insolvent companies which went for liquidation according the White Papers; Offer...
- Surf's up for high-tech composite boards. Renstrom, Roger // Plastics News;02/28/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 54, p17
Predicts the growth of Santa Cruz, California-based Surf Technicians Inc.'s licensed Surftech-brand surfboards in 2000. Expected volume increase for the year; Creation of the lightweight boards; Use of alternative technology to manufacture surfboards.
- ACTION SPORTS PLAYERS SHRUG OFF RECESSION. Niemi, Wayne // FN: Footwear News;2/4/2008, Vol. 64 Issue 5, p18
The article reports that skate and surf retailers, who attended the Action Sports Retailer (ASR) trade show held on January 24-26, 2008 in San Diego, California, felt well insulated from macroeconomic hardships, despite concerns about an impending recession. Other vendors said they can overcome...
- FULFILMENT. Webdale, Jonathan // New Media Age;9/30/2004, p44
This section features the web site of BoardWise, founded in 2001. The site allegedly includes a wide range of equipment, clothes and accessories for surfing, snowboarding and skateboarding. Apparently, the site was redesigned and that the new version is an improvement to the previous one.
- JOIN IN OR DROP OUT. Blackie, Tony // BRW;4/19/2007, Vol. 29 Issue 15, p46
The article reports that cheaper priced imports of surfboards and surfing accessories in Australia are challenging the way of life and livelihood of an Australian surf industry raise in more laid-back times. The local industry is attacked by offshore manufacturers. The Australian industry must...
- The Winds of Change. Dzierzak, Lou // SGB;Dec2008, Vol. 41 Issue 12, p4
The author reflects on the effect of the emerging financial crisis on the sporting goods industry and trade. He argues that the change in season brings two conflicting effect on the said industry, one is the emergence of potential opportunities for the business, and another is the possible...