Bay Harbour to Acquire Steve & Barry's
- Steve & Barry's Gets Purchase Offer. Lynch, Matthew; Young, Vicki M. // DNR: Daily News Record;8/11/2008, Vol. 38 Issue 32, p16
The article reports on an asset purchase agreement filed by Steve & Barry's LLC in federal bankruptcy court in Manhattan, New York City with BH S&B Holding LLC, a new subsidiary of investment firm Bay Harbour Management LLC. BH S&B Holdings plans to acquire certain of the bankrupt firm's assets...
- DEVELOPING AN EFFECTIVE STRATEGY FOR MANAGING INTELLECTUAL ASSETS. Tao, John; Daniele, Joseph; Hummel, Edward; Goldheim, David; Slowinski, Gene // Research Technology Management;Jan/Feb2005, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p50
Although many companies today are exploring ways to extract value from their patent portfolios, most use ad hoc approaches that are inefficient and lead to disappointing results. Leading firms, on the other hand, take a proactive approach and systematically tie their intellectual asset...
- Intellectual prosperity. Steeves, Rich // InsideCounsel;Feb2014, Vol. 24 Issue 266, p40
The article presents part one in a two-part series that discusses the recognition of intellectual property (IP) as a business asset. It outlines the ways on how companies grow, manage, monetize and protect their intellectual property and its impact on the inside counsel. Q. Todd Dickinson of the...
- Intellectual property--intangible, yet very real. Jacobs, Neil // Hudson Valley Business Journal;11/4/2002, Vol. 13 Issue 22, p18
No abstract available.
- Barneys' New Owners Plan to Retain Company, Grow Business. Moin, David // DNR: Daily News Record;2/15/99, Vol. 29 Issue 21, p66
The article reports that the new owners of Barney's Inc. has planned to retain the company and to expand the business under the Bay Harbour Management LLC.
- Maclaren buys carrier maker Theodore Bean. // Kids Today;Oct2004, p23
Reports on the purchase of the intellectual properties and assets of Theodore Bean by stroller and gear company Maclaren. Terms of the deal; Impact of the move on the retail market; Benefits of the purchase for both parties.
- IP as a business tool. McInnes, Rob // Chemistry in Australia;Jul2013, p36
The author discusses proper management of intellectual property (IP) in the business sector. He emphasizes importance of maintaining alignment between corporate strategy, brand development planning, and IP management. He describes application of the hierarchy of needs concept to IP management,...
- An Innovative Model for Evaluating National Intellectual Capital. Gogan, Maria-Luminita // Proceedings of the European Conference on Knowledge Management;2014, Vol. 3, p1211
In modern economy, competitive advantage has moved from tangible and financial assets to intangible and nonfinancial assets named intellectual capital (IC). In this era, the society is base on knowledge resources as information, intellectual property, and experience. Intellectual Capital on...
- The management of intellectual assets: a new corporate perspective. Hall, Richard // Journal of General Management;Autumn89, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p53
Proposes a strategic perspective for the management of intellectual assets or intellectual property in Great Britain. Types of intellectual assets; Categories of assets based on the accountancy and operations perspectives; Overview of an intellectual asset audit system; Importance of the...