Skechers Rolls Out Bid for Heelys
- Taking Stock. // FN: Footwear News;8/25/2008, Vol. 64 Issue 32, p34
The article offers news briefs related to the footwear industry. Heelys Inc. has rejected Skechers USA Inc.'s $143 million, acquisition offer. BHY S&B Holdings, a newly formed affiliate of investment firms Bay Harbour Management and York Capital Management, was the successful bidder at the Steve...
- Gear guru's back. Underwood, Elaine // Brandweek;10/25/93, Vol. 34 Issue 43, p8
Features the footwear brands to be introduced by Robert Greenberg and his company, Skechers USA. Greenberg as ousted founder of L.A. Gear; Launching of a fourth brand, Cross Colours; Plans to endorse Karl Kani; Teaser spots for the urban hikers; Urban hiking boots.
- Ex-L.A. gear founder moves on. // Adweek Western Edition;10/25/93, Vol. 43 Issue 43, p9
Reports on the launching of Robert Greenberg's Karl Kani footwear, a line fashioned after the Brooklyn based street clothing collection, on December 1993. Skechers USA as Greenberg's company; Launching of Greenberg's Cross Colours streetwear collection in spring 1994.
- Will M&A Frenzy Kick into High Gear? Sammon, Lindsay E.; Young, Vicki M.; Derby, Meredith // FN: Footwear News;5/28/2007, Vol. 63 Issue 21, p4
The article reports on the merger activities in the footwear industry in the U.S. New York-based Foot Locker remains highly interested in acquiring Genesco. The company has rejected Foot Locker's offer in April 2007, choosing to instead pursue its existing business plan. Private equity firm...
- Deal Volume, Value Dropped in '08, Small Buyers Active. Beighley, Dan // Orange County Business Journal;3/16/2009, Vol. 32 Issue 11, p18
The article reports on the market conditions of local mergers and acquisitions in Orange County, California. It states that sales in the county totaled about $7 billion, with 113 deals being done and the deals accounted for just shy of $9 billion, down from $10 billion. It states that county's...
- Waiting for the Other Shoe to Drop. Sloane, Julie // Fortune International (Europe);3/31/2003, Vol. 147 Issue 6, p56
Discusses Robert Greenberg and his company, Sketchers USA. Comparison between Sketchers and L.A. Gear, the company Greenberg started in the 1980's; L.A. Gear which did well then fell apart; Financial performance of Sketchers which has been similar to what L.A. Gear's was; Business losses that...
- Skechers Soars In Second Quarter. Newman, Eric // FN: Footwear News;8/1/2005, Vol. 61 Issue 31, p12
Reports on the second quarter profits posted by Skechers in 2005. Earnings per share of the firm; Views of chief financial officer David Weinberg on the profits; Background on the footwear and marketing of the firm according to CEO Robert Greenberg.
- Star of the Shoe. // License! Global;Jun2010, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p42
The article describes the case of Skechers Entertainment's "Zevo-3" as it partners with Nicktoons for its broadcast in the U.S. Robert Greenberg, chairman and chief executive officer (CEO) of footwear producer Skechers USA started inserting comic books into millions of shoeboxes. Such effort...
- THE ULTIMATE PERFORMERS. SCHNEIDER-LEVY, BARBARA // FN: Footwear News;12/1/2014, Vol. 70 Issue 41, p36
The article discusses the record sales and performance of the footwear company Skechers USA Inc. which received the FN Achievement Awards in 2014 as Company of the Year. Topics mentioned include the help in the sales of drummer Ringo Starr as the brand ambassador, the comment of chairman and...