Engineers K.I.S.S. and Tell
- Responsibility for maintenance costs--partners or customers? Idhammar, Christer // Pulp & Paper;Mar97, Vol. 71 Issue 3, p49
Analyzes whether partners or customers are responsible for maintenance costs. Problems regarding responsibility; Guidelines to taking responsibility to maintenance costs; Integration of maintenance as one production area; Maintenance as the owner of the equipments in papermills; Major cost...
- Handle maintenance with a savings account. // Overdrive;Mar2010, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p24
The article offers suggestions on how to handle maintenance costs such as starting a maintenance fund, checking a carrier if it offers a maintenance fund, and exploring the preventive maintenance items to be working on.
- Obituaries. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;9/7/2015, Vol. 256 Issue 1, p8
The article presents obituaries for several notable people including the chief executive officer and owner of the Senator honoris causa (h. c.) Peter Schaufler, owner of heating, ventilating, and air conditioning (HVAC) company Bitzer Group, and CM Engineering founding partner Kirk Travis Mescher.
- Fewer train-miles cut SWT maintenance costs. // Rail Business Intelligence;2/9/2012, Issue 407, p6
The article offers information on South West Trains Ltd. which is changing the diagrams of its two fleets of Siemens Desiro electric multiple units (EMUs) to cut maintenance costs.
- Butterfly Valve Enhances Control at Newsprint Mill. // Flow Control;Oct2009, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p18
The article informs that a newsprint mill installed two Fisher-patented Control-Disk butterfly valves to replace two gate valves to provide level control for the refiner pulp tank. The Control-Disk valves provided better control performance and eliminated all chronic maintenance issues of the...
- Don't overlook transmission lines. Wiesenfeld, Ira; Shapiro, Robert C. // Urgent Communications;Sep2012, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p30
The article is part of a series on proper engineering which allows users to reduce costs, conserve energy and improve system performance. It discusses how the proper design and use of radio-frequency coaxial transmission lines as part of an antenna system results in savings. In the initial...
- MANAGING MAINTENANCE COSTS. // Coal International;May/Jun2000, Vol. 248 Issue 3, p101
Discusses the principles in managing maintenance costs in the mining industry. Production and maintenance cycle; Costs associated with Maintenance Related Downtime; Steps of maintenance planning.
- RE critical to business-centred asset management strategy. // DEMM: Engineering & Manufacturing;Oct2009, p18
The article discusses Reliability Engineering (RE) Programme as part of a business-centered asset management strategy. The benefits of having a RE Programme include reduction in the total cost of asset maintenance, availability of accurate and meaningful maintenance data that can be used to...
- A Meter Well Positioned to Meet the Needs of Many Applications. Yoder, Jesse // Flow Control;Dec2012, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p20
The article presents information on magnetic flowmeters. The expansion of the magnetic flowmeter market has been stable. These flowmeters offer lower cost of ownership compared to various traditional technology flowmeters. They are an extremely stable and reliable long-term way of measurement...