Ground-Source Heat Pumps
- Suction-Specific Speed. Bachus, Larry // Flow Control;Jan2010, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p36
The article discusses the ways to determine the suction-speed and process pump operation in the pipe systems. It mentions that pumps are installed to provide better resistance in the piping systems in which suction speed can affect the efficiency of the pump. It also notes the formula in...
- Back To Basics: Mechanical Seals for Water and Wastewater Pumps. Budris, Allan R. // WaterWorld;Jul2011, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p6
The article offers information on mechanical seals used for water pumps and wastewater pumps. It mentions that mechanical seals functions to prevent leakage around the pump shaft through the use of stationary and rotating surfaces. It cites several components of the mechanical seals which...
- PE PRODUCTS. // Pollution Engineering;Mar2010, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p39
The article presents a comparison of several products including the Interface Meters from Solinst Canada Ltd., the Caustic Soda Injection pump from Fluid Metering Inc., and the AquiPlus polishing add-on from StormwateRx LLC.
- Part I: Optimizing Pumping Systems. Romanyshyn, Gregg // Flow Control;Jun2010, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p36
The article focuses on the important basic principles of rotodynamic and positive displacement pumps. In selecting pumps, it notes that all pump must include matching the operating characteristics of the pump with the system requirements above the expected range of flows. For testing if a pump...
- GOVERNMENT GEAR. // American City & County;Nov2012, Vol. 127 Issue 11, p50
The article features several products developed for government including the S650TX pump hydraulic system from Vermeer, RD5000WL single-frequency pipe locater kit from Radiodetection and the CP 1210 breaker from Chicago Pneumatic.
- High-Efficiency Radiant Cooling. Cunniff, Greg // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Feb2009, Vol. 81 Issue 2, p38
The article focuses on the advantages of radiant cooling systems. It states that low-flow injection-pumping systems enhances the efficiency of radiant-cooling systems since it delivers heating and cooling energy in various terminal units. Moreover, it also cites on the development of commercial...
- Get into the grooved. Morrison, Stephen // WET News: Water & Effluent Treatment News;Feb2013, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p17
The author explains how mechanical grooved pipe joining, a non-flame joining technique of forming or cutting a groove in pipe ends and then joining them with bolted housings around a sealed gasket, made a difference in water systems technology projects.
- Getting Pumped. Anderson, Jim; Gustafson, David // Onsite Installer;Mar2010, p14
The article offers answers to questions commonly asked about selecting, connecting and installing pumps. It cover questions concerning multistage pumps, how to make sure that pumps are properly connected to the piping system, how to check the piping system for settling and freezing during cold...
- Public relations campaign for polybutylene products. // Contractor Magazine;Apr95, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p32
Reports on a nationwide campaign to correct alleged misinformation on polybutylene plumbing products by the Polybutylene Product Line Committee of the Plastic Pipe and Fitting Association.