Fabric Duct Meets Unique Challenges of University of Chicago Lab Building
- VÌ‡. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p2424
An encyclopedia entry for the letter V, which refers to either the symbol for gas flow or the symbol for ventilation, is presented.
- Influence of the rates of gas flows through the smoke-removal and input-ventilation systems on the height of the smoke-free zone in a fire within a building. Puzach, S.; Hai, Nguyen // Journal of Engineering Physics & Thermophysics;Nov2009, Vol. 82 Issue 6, p1033
Integral, zonal, and empirical methods of calculating the mass rate of the gas flow through the smoke-removal system in the case of fire in a building were considered. Numerical experiments on investigation of the influence of the flow rates of the smoke removed and the cold air supplied by the...
- Investigation of the dynamics of air flows generated by the disturbing action of trains in the Metro. Krasyuk, A. M.; Lugin, I. V. // Journal of Mining Science;Nov2007, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p655
Based on the experimental investigation, the mathematical model is proposed for an air flow excited by the piston effect of a train movement in the Metro tunnel. The model takes into account dynamic action of the disturbed air flow on ventilation net in the static air distribution models. The...
- New Arts Hall at the University of Chicago Laboratory Schools to Honor Gordon Parks Filed in Honors & Awards on February 28, 2014. // Journal of Blacks in Higher Education (BruCon Publishing Co.);3/6/2014, p12
The article reports that George Lucas Family Foundation has committed to donate $25 million to the University of Chicago Laboratory Schools for a new arts hall.
- Protective Hypothermia Improves Odds of Surviving Cardiac Arrest, Stroke. // R&D Magazine;Dec2001, Vol. 43 Issue 12, pI29
Focuses on the ice slurries developed by Argonne National Laboratory and the University of Chicago's Section of Emergency Medicine in Illinois. Application of the ice slurries; Information on the chemicals used in ice slurries; Result of the tests conducted on ice slurries.
- Alliance to begin drug research in new lab by fall. Begin, Sherri // Crain's Detroit Business;4/10/2006, Vol. 22 Issue 15, p23
The article reports that the Life Sciences Core Technology Alliance, a consortium that includes Michigan's three largest research universities, plans by early fall to begin drug research at a new $18 million facility at Argonne National Labs in Lemont, Illinois, a federal lab operated by the...
- Use of Heliox during Spontaneous Ventilation: Model Study. Rozanek, Martin; Roubik, Karel // Proceedings of World Academy of Science: Engineering & Technolog;Oct2008, Vol. 46, p460
The study deals with the modelling of the gas flow during heliox therapy. A special model has been developed to study the effect of the helium upon the gas flow in the airways during the spontaneous breathing. Lower density of helium compared with air decreases the Reynolds number and it allows...
- Algebraic Model for Predicting the Hydraulic Behaviour of an Open Self-Ventilated Electrical Machine. Satrústegui, M.; Martínez-Iturralde, M.; Rivas, A.; Ramos, J. C. // International Review on Modelling & Simulations;Oct2013, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p1446
This paper describes an algebraic model for predicting the air flow-rate in the cooling system of an open self-ventilated machine. The method is easily applicable to any type of air-cooled electrical machine. The air flow-rates in different areas of the machine as well as the head losses of the...
- Experimental study of the temperature field in fire caused by sodium leakage in sodium-cooled fast reactor loop. WU Hongmei; HUO Yan; LIU Chonglin; ZHANG Zhigang; ZHOU Rong; WANG Xin // Applied Mechanics & Materials;2014, Issue 672-674, p392
In order to explore the characteristics of fire caused by sodium leakage in sodium-cooled fast reactor loop, an experiment on the sodium fire in form of columnar flow has been conducted. Temperature field characteristics were analyzed by measured results. Near the axis of the combustion...