- A guide for shopping home accents. McMenamin, Mark T. // Home Accents Today;Aug2000, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p16
Presents a listing of retail stores for home accents in New York, New York. Includes The Apartment, Restoration Hardware, Country Home and Comfort; Contact information; Location.
- Peabody's sells its sense of style. Edmonds, Tom // Home Accents Today;Nov2000, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p18
Features furniture store Peabody's Interiors in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Rate of sale on house accents; Accounts of the atrium design of owners Gail and Larry Homuth; Provision of regional-look merchandises. INSET: PEABODY'S PROFILE.
- Keep your ears open to the changing times. Greene, Michael // Furniture/Today;6/3/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 38, p30
Comments on trends in the home furnishing industry of the U.S. Diversity among furniture retail stores; Adaptability of a company to changes; Importance of listening to customers.
- Retailing home run. Curan, Catherine // Crain's New York Business;04/05/99, Vol. 15 Issue 14, p3
Reports on the growth of home furnishings retail stores in New York City. Rate of consumer spending on home furnishings; Prospects for new retail stores; Consumer response to increasing number of stores; Store locations.
- briefly. // Housewares;Dec2001, Issue 162, p34
Reports on developments related to house furnishings retailers in Great Britain. Expansion of the warehouse capacity of Amefa UK; Contract of Wade Ceramics for the supply of whiskey decanters to Tullamore Dew; Percentage increase of the turnover at BHF Direct.
- Mystery Shopper winner 'delighted' // Housewares;Oct2002, Issue 169, p45
Reports the acknowledgement of houseware retailer, Loose's of Orford Yard to the commendation given by a mystery shopper who wrote on the 'Housewares' magazine in Norwich, England. Quality of service and shopping environment of the shop; Key products.
- spotlight on Manchester. // Housewares;May/Jun2003, Issue 174, p22
Features several houseware stores in Manchester, England as of May 2003. Kendals; Peter Maturi & Sons; Marks & Spencer; Debemhams.
- Home centers. // Chain Store Age Executive with Shopping Center Age;Jun94, Vol. 70 Issue 6, p26
Presents news bits about activities concerning home center stores. Continued expansion of the Expo concept by the Home Depot; New unit of the National Home Center; Contractor's warehouse in Mexico by Grossman's; Plans of Eagle Hardware and Garden to build more stores; Plans of opening a...
- A retailer's guide to San Francisco. // Housewares;May/Jun98, Issue 140, p43
Presents a guide to housewares retailers in San Francisco, California. Macy's Union Square; Crate & Barrell; Sur La Table; Gump's; Williams-Sonoma.
- Talent crunch. Sloan, Carole // Home Textiles Today;12/11/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 15, p16
Reports on the emergence of concept retail stores in the United States. Benefits of the trend to home furnishings retailing; Opening of Dekor stores across the country; Author's question on the availability of decorator-trained sales people for the decorative home segments in concept stores.