Your questions answered
- Kitchen RTA seeing a brighter day. // Discount Store News;8/4/97, Vol. 36 Issue 15, pH10
Considers kitchen furniture as a growing component of the ready-to-assemble (RTA) assortment. Criteria of retailers; Innovations made on kitchen RTA furniture; Prices of kitchen furniture in several kitchen retailers.
- Q&A. // Cabinet Maker;02/19/99, Issue 5126, p5
Responds to readers' questions concerning furniture trade. Stability of built-in furniture; Ensuring customer satisfaction for made-to-order furniture designs; Consumer rights over a purchased kitchen deemed unsuitable.
- PURPOSE BUILT. Rhines, Barbara // Old House Journal;Oct2014, Vol. 42 Issue 7, p72
The article focuses on the evolution of built-in furniture for the home. It mentions the built-in closet as the contribution of the U.S. to the built-in trend, the golden age of such furniture during the Arts and Crafts period in which bungalows feature built-in colonnades, telephone tables as...
- Window seats. Connors, Jill // This Old House;Sep2012, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p80
The article presents advice on how to choose and install a window seat. Topics include photographs of where in a home a window seat might be appropriate, a discussion of three types of window seats including a shelf-style seat, a semi-enclosed box seat, and a modular unit to be used as...
- Niches & Nooks. MULFINGER, DALE // Cabin Living;Jan/Feb2016, p46
The article highlights the use of niches and nooks in designing cabins to maximize space. Designs include window-seat sleeping spaces, built-in breakfast nook that can be created with benches on three sides and built-in beds attached on a wall with small operable window. The aspect of cabin...
- Hot ticket Home theatre heats up. Thomas, Larry // Furniture/Today;4/21/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 32, p1
Reports on the marketability of home theater seating in the U.S. Factors driving the trend; Common designs of home theater seating; Affordability of home theater furniture to middle-income consumers.
- Now showing: Home theatre seating. Thomas, Larry // Furniture/Today;4/21/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 32, p12
Reports on the marketability of home theater seating in the U.S. Factors influencing the sales trend; Average price of home theater furniture; Needed measures for an effective furniture marketing. INSET: Key factors driving home theatre seating sales.
- Top area seating manufacturers. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;06/28/99, Vol. 17 Issue 26, pB6
Presents a list of Grand Rapids, Michigan's seating manufacturers, ranked by 1998 annual sales. Includes American Seating; Irwin Seating; Alexis Manufacturing; Grand Rapids Chair Company.
- Stacking, Ganging Seating. // Contract;Dec2001, Vol. 43 Issue 12, p114
The article lists the ranks of the stacking and ganging seating manufacturers including KI, Steelcase, and Fixtures.