- Embrace the Internet for increased publicity. Fellows, Simon // Cabinet Maker;1/18/2008, Issue 5571, p100
The article focuses on the significance of online marketing in furniture industry. Retailers are suggested to register a good domain name through a decent Internet service provider (ISP). The content of the Web site should include the interests of the customers. It should be brief, to the point...
- Mass marketing the Internet. Lakelin, Philip // Telecommunications - International Edition;Apr99, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p59
Discusses the future of independent Internet service providers (ISP) as the market is dominated by traditional telecommunications companies and other competitors. Mass marketing of the Internet; Provision of free service; Importance of size.
- Hooking up to the hosting game. Berendt, Annelise // Telecommunications - International Edition;Dec99, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p38
Features the Internet application service provider (ASP) sector. Origin of the ASP market; Range of services offered by ASP companies; Telecommunications companies combining to form ASP; Conditions and drivers for the ASP model; Market barriers; Future trends.
- Surfing the Web by voice. Ehrlich, Steve // Telecommunications - International Edition;Dec99, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p51
Examines the concept of voice Web and its impact on Internet service providers. Industry trends supporting the development of voice Web; Key issues that need to be addressed by service providers in a competitive marketplace; Security concerns over the voice Web; Integration of standard network...
- Engineering a better Internet. Semeria, Chuck; Donnell, Annette // Telecommunications - International Edition;Dec99, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p77
Describes the use of traffic engineering by Internet service providers looking for ways to map traffic flows onto their infrastructure. Establishment of a traffic engineering architecture; Traffic-engineering capabilities; Multiprotocol label switching forwarding; Label switched path...
- Contemplating portal strategies. Donegan, Michelle // Telecommunications - International Edition;Feb2000, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p48
Discusses the strategies adopted by Internet access providers to protect their customer base from competitors. Definition of a portal; Personalized service offerings by traditional operators; Impact of the stock market on portal strategies; Motivation for adopting portal strategies.
- Revealed: the truth about broadband. // Computer Weekly;3/15/2011, Issue 11, p23
The article reports on the disparity which exists between the promised and actual broadband speeds by internet service providers (ISP) in Great Britain.
- Internet service providers. // Business News New Jersey;1998 Book of Lists, Vol. 11, p84
Ranks Internet service providers in New Jersey by number of subscription. Includes AT&T Worldwide Service; CyberENET-Kaps; New Jersey Internet; In Jersey; Cybermex.
- Choosing an Internet provider. // CA Magazine;Oct96, Vol. 129 Issue 8, p11
Presents a checklist for choosing an Internet provider. Includes ratio of the number of registered subscribers and number of modems available; Presence of censor policies; Speed of the modems; Availability of plan packs; Schedule of upcoming upgrades to the system; Training programs with no...