Laura Ashley reshuffle
- Laura Ashley in marketing rejig as chief leaves. // Marketing (00253650);7/20/2000, p3
Reports that Great Britain-based Laura Ashley is restructuring its marketing department following the departure of marketing and public relations director Ann Donaghy. Executive movement in the department.
- Leading retailers create excitement in different ways. Engel, Clint // Furniture/Today;8/19/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 49, p20
Cites key issues relevant to the U.S. furniture industry that were discussed by a panel of merchandising executives from the sector. Proactive relationships with consumers and suppliers; Marketing initiatives; Growth targets and strategies.
- Brady-Proesch gets Jackson marketing post. // Furniture/Today;5/12/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 35, p24
Reports on the selection of Pam Brady-Proesch as marketing executive of Jackson Furniture Industries in Tennessee. Career history of Brady-Proesch; Responsibility of the manager.
- She's on the ball with a hairband. // Cabinet Maker;7/15/2005, Issue 5447, p39
Presents an interview with Anna Edwards, marketing director of Comfyballs, regarding her career in the furniture industry in Great Britain. Career influences; Motivations in the furniture business; Ideas for the improvement of the industry.
- Bosses gen up on cost cutting. // Cabinet Maker;10/12/2001, Issue 5259, p6
Reports the convention of furniture manufacturers top executives on subsidized lean manufacturing course in Manchester, England. Objectives of Accelerated Route to Lean Manufacturing course; Contact online information of the course; Focus on the subsidy based on the European Social Fund.
- DeRose is Lane's case goods merchandise mgr. // Furniture/Today;10/29/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p77
Reports the recruitment of Jim DeRose as merchandising manager for case goods at Lane Co. in the United States. Career history of DeRose; Assessment of DeRose's merchandising responsibilities.
- 'Maybe furniture isn't as quick-turning as the toy industry, but you do get to sit back and use your brain' // Furniture/Today;01/01/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 17, p13
Focuses on furniture firm Drexel Heritage vice president of marketing Dana Campagna's assessment of the furniture industry in the United States as of January 1, 2001. Career background; Company background; Factors affecting the furniture industry.
- 'I'm in a fashion industry that doesn't know it's in the fashion business' // Furniture/Today;01/01/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 17, p13
Reports on Virginia-based furniture firm Bassett Furniture vice president of marketing Janice Hamlin's assessment of the furniture industry in the United States as of January 1, 2001. Career background; Factors affecting the market.
- 'Buying furniture is an emotional frightening experience' // Furniture/Today;01/01/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 17, p13
Discusses Lexington Home Brands vice president of marketing Marybeth Cornwell's assessment of the furniture industry in the United States as of January 1, 2001. Career background; Comparison of the market with other industries.