Gould takes the helm at ailing Cargo
- Homeware chain hires marketing chief following restructure. // Marketing Week;10/11/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 35, p8
Reports the appointment of Julia Greenhough as the head of marketing in Cargo HomeShops Company. Restructuralization of the management team; Increase on the customer focus and improving the in-store experience; Introduction of senior management.
- Retail rules. // Cabinet Maker;1/14/2005, Issue 5421, p12
The article reports that it may not be quite there yet but Cargo Homeshop sees whole solutions as its new story under the guidance of Stephen Tague. Stephen Tague's ambitions for Cargo Homeshop match the grandeur of his previous appointments. The former Allders PLC managing director, only took...
- Cargo opens 40th store. Stanton, Justin // Housewares;Nov/Dec96, Issue 131, p6
Focuses on JW Carpenter's opening of its 40th Cargo Homeshop store in Crawley's County Mall, west of Sussex, England. Total area of the unit; Former occupant of the unit; Promotional strategy of the store; Reason for the expansion.
- Cargo changes colour. Stanton, Justin // Housewares;Jul96, Issue 128, p7
Reports on the change in color of Cargo stores in Oxfordshire, England after a change in format. Adoption of the color yellow as a conscious attempt to create free publicity in the local press; Increase in sales of the company.
- Cargo Homeshops. // Cabinet Maker;06/02/2000, Issue 5190, p11
Describes Cargo Homeshops' house furnishings store at Charter Place in Watford, England.
- No more stores for Cargo. // Cabinet Maker;06/15/2001, Issue 5242, p1
Reports that Cargo Homeshops has ruled out expansion.
- Homestyle and Cargo axe 18 stores. // Cabinet Maker;5/7/2010, Issue 5686, p9
The article reports on the move of furniture and accessories retailers Homestyle and Cargo to close some of their stores.
- Storage on a DVD. // Works Management;Apr2008, Vol. 61 Issue 4, p13
The article evaluates the new brochure released by Cargo, which is on DVD format.
- Cargo in receivership -- again. // Housewares;Aug2000, Issue 153, p39
Discloses that British housewares retailer Cargo Homeshops has gone into administrative receivership with substantial debts.